[Archive] April's White Dwarf

Theory_Man:

according to the GW website,

"There will also be a Warhammer-tastic issue of White Dwarf out in April, featuring interviews with some of the brains behind the original edition of Warhammer, and some rather awesome new gaming material, rules and scenarios. Fans of the world�?Ts biggest tabletop fantasy wargame will be in for a real treat."

Do you think that this issue of white dwarf would be worth getting?

Pyro Stick:

No. It just shows that even GW know that WD is a rubbish magazine and that months of planning is now needed to think up a decent magazine, which doesnt really sound like it has anything interesting in it. It just sounds like a normal, boring, rip off, not worth getting WD, with nothing worth reading in it.

Uzkul Werit:

I might, purely for the sexy new Daemon previews.

Khan!:

Nope. The last WD I bought was issue 300 a few years ago I think, and it was mostly a waste of my time. Also, soon enough the daemon previews will be up on the web!

Grimstonefire:

The main reason I read WD is because of the 'eavy metal articles. I’ve learnt so much from them. You also get shots of certain painted models you can’t find online.

I never read the LOTR stuff. Only time I did was when Rudgie did the terrain articles.

Jervis usually spouts some rubbish that involves us buying more.

My family pay my WD subscription, so whilst there’s anything in there that’s interesting I won’t be stopping any time soon.

torn:

i read it occasionaly if someone else buys it. as a magazine the content takes about as long to read on a train etc as an issue of nuts. factor the price into this and your not really getting much for your money. as far as painting articles go there are thousands online. i suppose the only real use is if your computer is nowhere near your painting area.

Grimstonefire:

There’s stuff to read in nuts!?!? :wink:

Arlon:

i really liked the 30th aniversery issue

but has for april the chances are high because i want to see the new daemons, get the scoop on harry, and those new rule talked about

Hammerhand:

Although WD has gone down hill in recent years, I still buy it.  Even when I don’t want to, I just see it on the shelf and buy it.  I think it’s funny that the 25th anniversary of warhammer ‘special edition’ is ‘special’ because it actually has the articles that should be in it every month.  It will have to be a bumper issue I suppose so that they can fit all the catalogue and adverts around the articles!

Kera foehunter:

I have not bought one in a while. But i enjoy trying to look at one when im at the gw store.

It’s a challenge now since they are plastic ??

Willmark:

I buy selected version now that the shrink wrap is off. Costs more to do it that way but at least I’m not buying issues I don’t want.

Kera foehunter:

dont they have wd on line now ?

Nazhur:

I actually think that WD is geting better and the last couple of numbers have been good. Everyone complains so much about advartisment but check out a regular magazine and you get as much there too. WD is nice and I can recommend if you have not bought it in a while to try it out.

clam:

Like Hammerhand I’m also a WD-o-holic. So yes! I’ll buy - but can’t tell why, but I’ll do - when I’m at my local pusher - I won’t leave without it :sick

Not proud of it, but have bought almost every single issue since the release of the 6th ed. (UK-issue 250):s

In issue #338 - I didn’t even find a single article worth reading :frowning: - but I’ll buy #339 and #340 and … - still hoping it will get better - and become the number one miniature mag. again. Right now - that title is with No Quarter (IMO - there’s no doubt about that!).

And yes! - I’m also looking forward to see, how the 25th anniversary of the launch of Warhammer is celebrated in 2008.

Pyro Stick:

Like Hammerhand I'm also a WD-o-holic. So yes! I'll buy - but can't tell why, but I'll do - when I'm at my local pusher - I won't leave without it :sick

Not proud of it, but have bought almost every single issue since the release of the 6th ed. (UK-issue 250):s

In issue #338 - I didn't even find a single article worth reading :( - but I'll buy #339 and #340 and ... - still hoping it will get better - and become the number one miniature mag. again. Right now - that title is with No Quarter (IMO - there's no doubt about that!).

clam
Isnt there anyone else that you know that buys WD as well? It would make more sense if you just stopped buying it and read someone elses until it started getting better. Then you would be justified in wasting money on it. The only reason the mag is still going probably is that people are still buying it every month at its extrotinate price in the hope that this months issue will be better than last months.

BLOOD AXE:

The White Dwarf isn’t worthy to line a bird cage with. Its 75% advertisements & catalog. I don’t pay $6 for catalogs, I get them free with other junk mail.

51la5:

My white dwarf is payed by my family I reed it and I’m the only one in my group that dose so we all reed it I don’t know why I reed it but I do.

BLOOD AXE:

My white dwarf is payed by my family I reed it and I'm the only one in my group that dose so we all reed it I don't know why I reed it but I do.

51la5
You sound like an addict or a junkie. You need treatment or rehab.:D

Kera foehunter:

So what is the main thing in this month issue!!!all you white dwarf junkies

wallacer:

Is the April issue the one that has the rules for playing large Apocalypse-style games for Fantasy?