[Archive] Are you a CDO forum lurker?

cornixt:

Do you read the forums (even just partially) at least once every few weeks, but post less than once a week or not at all?

I’m curious to see how many people are members but don’t post much. There are no ulterior motives, no campaign to get you more involved, just gauging the numbers on how many members read the forums as opposed to those who are members but no longer read them.

If you aren’t then you don’t have to answer “No”, but I can’t do a poll with only one option.

Pyro Stick:

I would probably say that ive become a lurker. I dont read many of the threads anymore unless they are of particular interest to me, like the AC ive entered and some of the older army blogs similar to mine (original model armies) that ive been following for a while. IMO most of the new army blogs are very similar and it gets kind of repetitive seeing the same conversions all the time. I check every so often to see if there is something interesting but their usually isnt. For example, just by clicking the View Todays Posts button the first page contains almost 50% Off Topic Discussion threads. Ill be checking the Golden Hat Thread and the AC Thread (although it looks like everyone who didnt enter the AC isnt interested in commenting on the entries) over the next few days until the AC opens for a vote.

Lord Archaon:

I can also call myself a lurker. I visit CDO 2-3 times a day, but post about one time 2 weeks. I guess i just don’t know what to post and don’t want to spoil everyone else threads, so i only post where i know someone needs my advice.

Lord_Nagash:

I too would also consider myself a lurker. Although I am mostly new to the site, I have read a LOT of the threads and am keeping my out for something new.

Kera foehunter:

i say come on and post !! where are faimly here !! your not going to make anyone madd !!

so come on and join in !! you might find out all the fun your missing out on!!

im one of the active member here !!

and i give the staff a run for there money sometimes!!

but i wish you member would join in!!

I was a Lurker before i joined here

Kera

Canix:

I read alot more than i post .Alot of the time others have already said what i would .I do get on a couple of times a day for a read and have even started to write battle reports recently which will start featuring soon .:hat

TwilightCo:

Lurking is a hobby of mine. I just never thought of doing it online.

Theory_Man:

Took a couple months away from the forum, now I’m just a lurker. I think it is because I don’t play Warhammer that much anymore. The direction that GW is taking their game is alienating me from it; over stylized models (the huge weapons) and uber units. Plus I’m getting older, becoming interested in different rule sets and models; worrying about the future (job). :~

Theory_Man:

Took a couple months away from the forum, now I’m just a lurker. I think it is because I don’t play Warhammer that much anymore. The direction that GW is taking their game is alienating me from it; over stylized models (the huge weapons) and uber units. Plus I’m getting older, becoming interested in different rule sets and models; worrying about the future (job). :~

Servius:

Im in the middle… For the last week or so… I have been pretty active… For the stint before that I would only logon to check my PM as I really was disinterested in the forum in general due to a preticular member being a… Ill stop there.

But I would say I have become a lurker. Also of the topics I have been seeing lately just dont interest me very much. They have some good info but really alot of it isnt of much continued interest to make cause for me to post.

Alan the evil:

I like to post every time I understand what we are talking about :o

I’ve the problem of language… so I use to post in strategy because armybooks are in english too here in italy and I’m pretty use with that way to talk (and it’s even the less slanged part of the forum ;))…

It’s incredible to me: this is the forum where I’m more active but it’s the only foreigner forum where I post…

People are polite, forum is well done: until I don’t leave for some travel around the world I’m gonna try to be more active than I can…!!

tjub:

I dont read many of the threads anymore unless they are of particular interest to me, like the AC ive entered and some of the older army blogs similar to mine (original model armies) that ive been following for a while. IMO most of the new army blogs are very similar and it gets kind of repetitive seeing the same conversions all the time.

Pyro Stick
I agree with you, there is are a bunch of threads with that just do the same conversions over and over again. I too am rather selective what I read but post atleast a few times a week...

apocalypstia:

i am a reformed lurker, just skulking around to see what was to be seen and do some research. Ended up getting another friend interested in the Dawi Zharr - so i figured it was time to join and become an active member.

I try to post every time i visit now. usually get in a couple.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I try to post at least 5+ posts every time I come on here.

However, I have found the fourm to be somewhat limited these days. There’s not too many new topics comming up that haven’t already been said or what not. An example of these is finding someone saying “New Models”, but when you click on the link, you’re seeing Scibor’s models from the last year. Nothing against the person posting these threads, because they probably don’t know, but it does get tiring seeing the same threads 100 times.

Like what has been said above, the builds are simular, and there seems to be less and less of them these days. Sadly, if I had a digital camera, I could upload some new pics and hopefully get things rolling again.

However, it might just be that it’s spring/summer and for a lot of us on here, that’s when we’re thinking of other things, like Final Exams, finding work, going on vacation, etc. It might not be until September when a lot of us get back to being online and being active with builds, etc.

Just my opinion.

Davespaceman:

I’m a memeber of many forums the stronghold , bugmans, carpenoctem, Flame on, cotec ,here I post more on the ogre and Dawi site as they’re my built and played armies I probbably read 30 times more topics than I post in

I read lots on this forum but post very little mainly in the off topic to pass some time . I wil be king of that hill. I’ll be posting more when I start my WOC army and paint up my lovely hellcannon and then make my own one.

Seems like a nice forum

BOGGO:

I post when I get a bug, otherwise i just cruise the forums to kill time at work. My Chaos Dwarfs aren’t at full speed yet (just playing warband size battles), so i don’t have lots of Chaos Dwarf related material to relay. I jump around from army to army, and forum to forum (not as diverse as Dave though), but I’m up for posting.

Kera foehunter:

i see this has been view 117 times it look like we have to reach a few more of these guys!!

i also belong to a few sites too !! But this seams to still be the most active!!

do to the point of alway getting new members!! but the more you guys would post it be the less i have too lol

Tarrakk Blackhand:

but the more you guys would post it be the less i have too lol

Kera
Doesn't believe Kera...jumps from King of Hill thread and pushes her off hill....

MY HILL!

Willmark:

The nature of forums is that people’s interest will wax and wain; I was like that for a few months and now I’m on more of an upswing.

jolpis:

i used to lurk this site for around a year. and then my first post came. and i started to post more and more.