[Archive] Army Builder Update

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I didn’t see if anyone had posted this already or not but I downloaded the latest, greatest patch for Army Builder and the updated Chaos Dwarves are in. What makes me most happy is Kevin Coleman’s Indy Chaos Dwarves are in too! Woohoo!! No more Excel spreadsheets =)

vulcanologist:

Ah but is thommy’s list in???

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Ah but is thommy's list in???

vulcanologist
Nope. I don't believe it has the wide acceptance that the Indy book has so I'll presume that's why it isn't in there. It takes some time to figure out but ArmyBuilder has an editor so you can enter in thommy's units yourself if you wanted to.

vulcanologist:

Ah… Might try that then. Does it cost anything?

Mr Saturday:

It seems you can pick orcs, goblins and black orcs in the special section, though they’re not in the original GT list?

EdSteiner:

Greetings,

I am the person who coded the AB 3.3 dataset to reflect Kevin Coleman Indy GT Armybook. I also updated Dogs of War if you play those too. I only used the Kevin Coleman entries as it is difficult to code different units from the same family tree, but enough about that. Your comments about the O&G stuff I have emailed the dataset holder for O&G to have him modify that army list as that is how they merge over to Chaos Dwarfs, but again not to talk about inter-operablity stuff and AB for a later date. Please try and try to break them. I really like it when they are perfect or at least as close as I can code it :slight_smile: I had to ask several questions of Kevin over on http://warmongers.ziggyqubert.com/wmbb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14931 to get some details correct.

Joe

If you enjoy my work send some slaves to help toil at the furnace keeping the machine running :slight_smile:

Mr Saturday:

I’m very happy INDEED that AB has the Indy GT list at last, so, cheers! I know the pdf army book is being updated to fit with 8th, so some of the entries for the AB file have been worked on since the last update to the pdf I’m sure, and no longer match the existing army book pdf. With that in mind, it’s difficult to be exact when scrutinising the AB list, apart from things that are obviously different like the O&G units.

I notice sneaky gits have access to command in the AB list, but don’t in the existing pdf.

EdSteiner:

I'm very happy INDEED that AB has the Indy GT list at last, so, cheers! I know the pdf army book is being updated to fit with 8th, so some of the entries for the AB file have been worked on since the last update to the pdf I'm sure, and no longer match the existing army book pdf. With that in mind, it's difficult to be exact when scrutinising the AB list, apart from things that are obviously different like the O&G units.

I notice sneaky gits have access to command in the AB list, but don't in the existing pdf.

Mr Saturday
I jusy check in the current release of the Indy GT PDF by Kevin C they do pg

Mr Saturday:

Apologies, apologies, my bad. Sneaky gits do indeed have access to full command.

IzNoGood:

Sorry to seem really ignorant, but having downloaded the latest AB patch how do I get the original RH version back? - as I don’t play the Indy GT list.

Thanks

EdSteiner:

Sorry to seem really ignorant, but having downloaded the latest AB patch how do I get the original RH version back? - as I don't play the Indy GT list.
Thanks

IzNoGood
Unselect "Allow Unofficial Units"

IzNoGood:

Yep I am a muppet. :cheers

Unselect “Allow Unofficial Units”

Mr Saturday:

In the obsidian guard unit, the darklon doesn’t seem to have access to magical items. He should be able to take 25pts worth. The Kolossus doesn’t seem to have it’s terror, large target, daemon tower or unbreakable rule or 3+ save in it’s profile or info.

EdSteiner:

I will check on the Darklon 25pts magic today. However Kevin Coleman updated the Tower on the 25FEB11, so I will have to review and check list of changes for next weeks update.