[Archive] Art of WarplockMonkey

WarplockMonkey:

Hey guys!

�������������� I suppose this is the appropriate place for this, but here are some pics i have done, enjoy!

A hobgoblin cheiftain

A Lizardmen carnosaur (i am a mostly lizzie player)

A skink preist

A zombie dragon

A whiitch hunter saint joan type of thing

A warg rider from LOTR

A dwarf from LOTR

Sobek:

I’m guessing thats mostly pastel (or watercolor), so it excusable, but I think you need to work on making some sharper lines. Its not terrible, but alot of the pieces run into others.

Most of them are good, but its particularly noticable on the Carnosaur and Witch Hunter. I like the Warg Rider the most. Good job though, far better than anything I could do.

WarplockMonkey:

They are actually done on photoshop. These were my first try, i am only fourteen so i suppose my artwork isnt the best, but ill keep practicing!

Sobek:

If thats the case, I can hardly critique. I can barely draw a straight line in Photo-Shop. Carry on. Pract makes perfect, though its still very good consider :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

They are top=notch and I’m surprised to hear that you’re only 14 with a hand like that!

WarplockMonkey:

Chears guys! I am working on a concept peice for a model i am goig to convert. Next time i am going down to GW i am going to buy that new dwarf lord on oathstone model and convert a CD out of that. Thing is you can only buy it with the standard bearer as well and its �12 :~, any ideas how i can buy just the model?

Grimstonefire:

This is good stuff! I would be really curious to see a drawing of a ‘new style’ earthshaker. Not many of those around

Also moved thread to general discussion

Hashut’s Blessing:

You could buy the pair and sell the BSB on ebay. It annoys me as well because I think fewer people will want the BSB than the hero on oath stone. (Apparently, that twin boxset is because of the borken multi-part plastic mold.)

cornixt:

Art has no real rules, you can “colour over the lines” as part of a style or expression of movement, etc. I think they look great

Rattler:

I like the Dwarf the best. Very nice gritty feel and pretty good muscle tones. All round good work! :cheers

Sobek:

Art has no real rules, you can "colour over the lines" as part of a style or expression of movement, etc. I think they look great
I was commenting on the inability to distinguish various shapes in the pictures, as I assume thats the goal of these, to present some identifiable creatures/people from the Warhammer world.

Just because there arn't any rules dosn't mean one can't critique art still.

wallacer:

The only thing that disappointed me was that there are no Chaos Dwarf pics (since this is a Chaos Dwarf forum and all :rolleyes: )

cornixt:

I was commenting on the inability to distinguish various shapes in the pictures, as I assume thats the goal of these, to present some identifiable creatures/people from the Warhammer world.

Sobek
Well, I can recognise them. I figured the idea of these pictures was to give an impression rather than a detailed portrait and that the bits you can pick out clearly are the only important bits anyway. Art is all about interpretation and yours is as good as mine.

Nazhur:

I like them, much better then what I can draw. now I just want to see a chaos dwarf :slight_smile:

Xander:

Sweet stuff man! What tools in photoshop are you using? :slight_smile:

hal:

Nice stuff.

WarplockMonkey:

Praise Hashut! For I have a whole load of new pics for youse!

The skink lord tehehauin, but gooooold!

A kroxigor character for a competition i am doing on the pyramid vault

A hobgoblin on a cockatrice, inspired by an army list that i found somewhere on this site

A chaos dwarf concept, i am going to make it out of the new dwarf lord

Another chaos dwarf lord concept

A tyranid broodlord

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I kinda like the chaos dwarf lords. Although they seem quite tall grown… for a dwarf I mean. ^^ I have the feeling dwarfs are usually more squat in appearance and tend to grow only sideways with age! :slight_smile:

WarplockMonkey:

Well, I have never been too good at dwarf proportions, i always do them too tall, damn it :~

WarplockMonkey:

An update!

A CD lord on great Taurus

A CD engineer

A colossus