[Archive] Artisan's Contest III(1)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Theme:
The theme for Artisans Contest III is a Shrine themed towards some aspect of the Chaos Dwarf culture.  To avoid confusion, the dictionary definitions of what is a Shrine:
* A place of worship hallowed by association with a sacred person or object.
* A container for sacred relics.
* The tomb of a saint or other holy person.
* A place or site venerated for its association with a famous person or event.
* R.C. Church.  A building, alcove, or shelf arranged as a setting for a statue or picture (etc).

People should look closely at the various definitions here before deciding on the nature of their entry.  It could for instance be a tomb of a Priest or Sorcerer, or a mobile shrine pulled by slaves, or a carved monolith dedicated to Hashut etc.

Size Limit:
There is a maximum size limit for this competition of 20"x20"x20" (450mm cubed).  Obviously it would be impossible to enforce this for categories 1 or 2, but you should try to stick to this nonetheless.

What to enter:
The aim of the Artisans Contest is to judge the quality of ideas, not just how they are presented.  Bear this in mind when choosing which categories you will enter.

Entries may be made into any of three categories.  A person may enter in all three categories if they wish.

Category 1:  Description  
* Maximum word count = 650 words
* No images are allowed.
* Try to give written examples of materials that could be used and/or how it would be built.  It should be possible for someone to actually build this if they wanted!

Category 2:  Drawing(s)
* Maximum of 4 links to images only (though each image can be a montage if you wish).
* The drawings must be your own.
* Maximum word count = 200 words (includes any within the images).
* Try to give written or drawn examples of materials that could be used and/or how it would be built.  It should be possible for someone to actually build this if they wanted!

Category 3:  Built Entry
* Maximum of 4 links to images only (though each image can be a montage if you wish).
* Maximum word count = 50 words (bullet points, includes any within the images).

How to enter:
If you are entering categories 2 or 3, upload up to 4 photos or images of your entry to the internet.  Next, send a PM to the Artisan (?) containing the links where the pictures can be found or your description if you are entering category 1. (Note: This is the same way as the Golden Hats).  

As there are 3 different categories, you MUST state which category you wish to enter.  The staff will not edit descriptions to move entries from one category to another.  Please submit a separate pm for each category you enter. Entries are to be sent to Hashut’s Blessing.

Timeline:
9th November to 27th December, 11:59pm GMT.

This is your chance to make some sweet terrain dedicated to Hashut!  Let’s make him proud!

(Banner courtesy of Willmark!)

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice idea, we should hopefully get some pretty cool stuff for this contest!

:cheers

Servius:

Awesome… Ill be doing this one… Already got my idea almost past the modeling stage… in 3 hours! :hat:hat:hat

I hope I win though LOL!

Good Luck Everyone!

Obsidian:

I like this one a lot!!!

I’ll try to come up with something but time is short right now so I’ll have to improvise.

Willmark:

I have been looking forward to this one for quite some time. I can’t wait to start on it.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

AH HA! Another project for me! :smiley:

I’ll try and enter all 3.

I was thinking of building a temple for my in-store game scenarios and then your contest came along! Hopefully I can build it in time. Also looks like I have to describe it and provide some blueprints.

Could these end up in WoH #3 or #4? :smiley:

Pyro Stick:

Hmm this sounds good. Ive been wanting to try my hand at some CD Terrain for some time so i gess this is a perfect opportunity. Ive got a great idea as well and all the materials i need.

Willmark:

AH HA! Another project for me! :D

I'll try and enter all 3.

I was thinking of building a temple for my in-store game scenarios and then your contest came along! Hopefully I can build it in time. Also looks like I have to describe it and provide some blueprints.

Could these end up in WoH #3 or #4? :D

Tarrakk Blackhand
You never know. Enter your very bests and Lord Hashut will take care of the rest.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Then I will build and prey that Hashut is merciful!

I have an idea using …Pentagons!

Servius:

Then I will build and prey that Hashut is merciful!

I have an idea using ....Pentagons!

Tarrakk Blackhand
Sounds good to me.. just make sure to NOT put a Nuclear Reactor below it...

Tarrakk Blackhand:

How about a Volcanic reactor? :smiley:

Grimstonefire:

Something I waw thinking the other day about this theme is that if people were clever how they did it, they mightbe able to make one that also counted as a WoC Warshrine, if they happen to be needing one.

Obsidian:

Oh my ‘shrine’ will definitly be mobile! :wink:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Mine won’t :slight_smile:

I’m really going for the Hashut super gold star with this one!

Pyro Stick:

I dont really understand what is meant by a shrine themed towards an aspect of chaos dwarf culture. Cant it just be a general chaos dwarf shrine?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Pyro, that is an aspect of Chaos Dwarf culture. It’s a wholistic one :wink: It’s more to help people generate ideas, but it DOES have to be CD, basically.

GSF, when I was posting this, I was secretly hoping people wouldn’t think that was how we came up with the idea :wink: It’s been a couple of months since we’d decided upon it for those that want to know :wink: Before we knew about WoC shrines…

I’m excited about this one and would enter a model, unfortunately, I just accidentally spent a small fortune on eBay, but I shall (lest I forget) definitely get a written entry in. I’ll add in a picture too, maybe, but I’d ask that people take note of the ideas being presented, rather than the skill in the art (not to say it can be called art when compared to members such as Baggranor and the like, lol).

Willmark:

To back up HB, in fact we started the discussion for AC III in July and had been discussing in braod terms even before that.

Thommy H:

Something I waw thinking the other day about this theme is that if people were clever how they did it, they mightbe able to make one that also counted as a WoC Warshrine, if they happen to be needing one.

Grimstonefire
I knew there was a reason I made the models on my Warshrine removable...

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Got the first pattern done!

With this pattern, I can build 6 parts of my Shrine. I just need the styrene cardstock.

It’s going to be HUGE!

superfella:

Im currently in the process of moving house, so I wouldnt be able to build / paint anything… but I might have a crack at category 1 during my lunch breaks at work…