[Archive] Artisan's Contest XI - delayed, but still here!

G.2:

I just purchased some small items from eBay for mine. Well for version 1. I am sure there will be a few iterations before I am happy with it.

Zanko:

I have an idea and ordered some stuff - hope it will look loke in my imagination! :~

:hashut

Nicodemus:

I’ve skipped the last few CDO contests, so I really don’t want to miss another one.

I think I’m sort of on track again after throwing my first attempt and its related drawings in the garbage. After many nights contemplating, I’ve gone back and revisited my initial concept, convinced that it’s not a lost cause. After new drawings and sketches and cutting out bits of paper to make mock-ups I was able to get about 2-hours of progress in last night and it’s starting to take shape again… albeit a different shape :wink: Fingers crossed, eh!?

tjub:

Ive started work on mine as well, so atleast there will be a competition. I hope for more than 10 entries, but I guess that might be asking a bit too much…

Hashut’s Blessing:

We always hope for more than 10 entries. I’m still trying to find time to work mine out - got a lot going on with auditions, interviews, trial days, applications, updating credit lists, recording lines, etc :smiley:

Zanko:

The 1st attempt was a great failure! :mad

I have another idea - hope this will be much better! :wink:

:hashut

Hashut’s Blessing:

Seems people are finding their first attempts to be busts - hoping that that spurs on the fires of improvement for their second tries!

Nicodemus:

Seems people are finding their first attempts to be busts - hoping that that spurs on the fires of improvement for their second tries!

Hashut's Blessing
And how!! I'm glad I had a failed first attempt. The plan in my head was more complicated than I had appreciated. I think having failed at the first one helped me take the process more seriously... in a serious fun kind of way!

I started priming and undercoating last night... not long now before I start painting for reals. Can't wait to use it in our games either!! :cheers

tjub:

Good to hear Nico!

I more or less finished mine yesterday…

Nicodemus:

I more or less finished mine yesterday...

tjub
:o    

:mad    x.x

Well priming is done, but I decided to do more modifications and alterations to it, so this is yet another night without painting anything :P

Glad to hear you got yours done though, even if I am a tad jealous!!

G.2:

My eBay purchases arrived today (the bits-n-pieces) I need to build my Fulcrum. I dp have some technical/building issues I need to overcome, but I a keen to start my Fulcrum tonight.

After re-reading the rules, Ihave some questions…see below…

An Arcane Fulcrum is a building, which only a single wizard may occupy (they may be mounted on a monster, be a monster, be monstrous infantry etc), …They are powerful structures that only appear during storms of magic …They are covered in powerful protections written in sigils and runes … In the Storm of Magic rulebook, it explains that a Fulcrum may be of any size and take any form, so feel free to let you mind go wild with creation, following the rules given below.

Hashut’s Blessing
I just want to clarify a few things. So I have few questions.

1. Does the Arcane Fulcrum need to be a bricks-and-mortar structure?

2. Can the Arcane Fulcrum be organic in nature (ie a beast)?

3. Can the Arcane Fulcrum contain/combine a an organic object as part of the structure? (ie a dragon chained on top of a tower).

4. Do we need to have the wizard included on the Arcane Fulcrum?

That is about it from me, I am sure I will have some more questions later.

Thommy H:

No, yes, yes, no.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Nicodemus:

No, yes, yes, no.

Thommy H
Yeup... what he said on all counts.

G.2:

No, yes, yes, no.

Thommy H
Yeup... what he said on all counts.

Nicodemus
Thank you to both of you. I was hoping those would be the answers. I can now continue, without too much stress.

Nicodemus:

I’m finally at that latter stage of the project when my interest starts to wane. I’ve got everything sort of 75%-ish done and nearing completion with it, but I’m now getting distracted with new ideas that seem suddenly much more fun. …must… finish … fulcrum!! Oh, and watching 2-3 hours of Law & Order each night and painting other stuff not related to the Artisans contest isn’t helping matters either :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

G.2: Already been said, but no, yes, yes, no. In fact, I believe that given the rules, no wizard is allowed on the photo for the competition - I’ll check that as it may be good to have a wizard on it in one shot, at last for scale.

Nico: If you don’t finish it, I shall come and take all of your lengthiest projects! If need be, make the others once you’ve finished this one :smiley:

Nicodemus:

Rules state that one photo may have a model in the shot, excluding models that are part of the piece (i.e. a diorama/scene that’s part of the piece)

… duh

* Only one picture may have a model on the Fulcrum (obvious exceptions such as statues, corpses, storytelling dioramas, etc. Nothing that could be used in a game as a model, for clarification), but this is for scale and demonstrative purposes.

Hashut’s Blessing:

You’d think I’d know that - you know, having written the rules :stuck_out_tongue:

Nicodemus:

Whoot! As of about 1am last night I am done, finally! Only took about 3 weeks, man I wish I was a little faster with this stuff!! Now I just need to figure out how to take decent photos this time!! :stuck_out_tongue:

~N

Hashut’s Blessing:

The pressure’s on now then :wink: