[Archive] Artisan's Contest XIV(1)

Willmark:

The Flaming Visions

The theme for this Artisan’s Contest is to create a piece of 2D artwork, with the focus of the subject being the K’daai as your inspiration. This contest is relatively unrestricted in terms of scope - put simply, if you think it’s relevant to a K’daai (of any kind, then it’s suitable: this may be the binding process, its actions in battle, it’s more unconventional uses, its inception, it’s rules (like Burning Bright) taking effect, etc.

Your piece of artwork could be something the size of a postage stamp, it could be an entire piece of tapestry-design, or it could be something truly gargantuan that has only lived in your imagination until now! That being said, please be aware of the obvious limitations: this will need to be viewed online, so your imagery should be easily recorded (scanned, saved, photographed, etc) and easily visible when scaled to a computer screen.

Deadline

The deadline for the submission of entries is the 11th of August 2013 at 11:59pm EST.  

Only enter if you are happy with the rules as they are stated:

Rules of the Competition

Each member may only enter once.

Create a piece of 2D artwork, using the K’daai as your inspiration. The maximum and minimum dimensions of the image is unrestricted, but viewability should be kept in mind.

The artwork an be in any medium, so long as it is 2D (E.G. a painting, a CAD image, a drawing, Photoshop work, MSPaint, etc - not a banner, tapestry or photograph of a scene/costume, etc).

How to Enter?

Submit your entry by sending a PM to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to) with photos of your entry. Please do not send an e-mail to any of the admin or staff accounts as this is a sure fire way to have your entry overlooked.

Also, do not post your entries in the forum.

How will this be judged?

By the end of August we will post the entries to a new entries thread where members can vote.

If there are more than 10 entries there will be Gold, Silver and Bronze Artisan’s medals.

Good luck everyone!

The Staff

Bolg:

Nice one. I’ll enter this one for sure (:

Skink:

On it:)!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Abecedar:

Ooh Crap. Why didn’t I pay more attention in Art Class at school.

tjub:

Good to see things are rolling again… :slight_smile:

Goltor Lintrepide:

Wow, I wasn’t expecting this one! I’ll think about it and see what I could do…

bas_2312:

I might have to give this one a try :slight_smile:

ryanamandaanna:

I’m sure the answer is probably no, but would any medium include film? That’s where most of my creative energy is going these days…

Willmark:

This one is not film based. However definately food for thought for the future.

Ghrask Dragh:

I must be one of the oldest members here to not have a single medal, I dont even enter these competitions.

Never once entered GH, not because I’m a spoilsport just never finished or had an idea I was happy with :smiley: I’ll have to start entering some of these I think, try and get a veterans medal at least :slight_smile:

Willmark:

looks in Ghrask Dragh’s desk drawer "Hey look that Lammasu which is quite cool is STILL not finished (4 years later).

Skink:

*looks in Ghrask Dragh's desk drawer* "Hey look that Lammasu which is quite cool is STILL not finished (4 years later).

Willmark
...Cauz a Dwarf never forgets. Or was is an elephant?

Ghrask Dragh:

Haha, I will have to paint that one day, just for you Willmark :smiley: although it is looking a little dated now with all the cool shedu heads and big monster stuff that gw have got going on now.

Anyway back on topic I might be entering something this time again although maybe not cause I never set aside the time to. God damn it!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

G.2:

I must be one of the oldest members here to not have a single medal,...

Ghrask Dragh
I had never noticed. Not until you just mentioned it.
I dont even enter these competitions.

Ghrask Dragh
Ahhh...that explains it! It is time to enter more competitions.

Ghrask Dragh:

… well this is going well :~

Khaosbeardling:

I must be one of the oldest members here to not have a single medal, I dont even enter these competitions.

Ghrask Dragh
I have you beat on that one, so don't feel bad! :)

I'll have to try and enter something.  Not very artistic in that way, but I'll do my best!

Willmark:

We try to mix it up so its not the same thing every time.

Skink:

…Any chance of a couple of weeks delay? This competition made me start an *** ********, and I would really really like to see it finished…

Skink:

Hello…? Has any staff member read the post above?

Willmark:

Nope just saw the post. Well have to discuss it but as a general rule we don’t push back dates.