[Archive] Artisan's Contest XX

Admiral:

How is it with text/ notes in the entry?

TheHoodedMan
Allowed, but please keep it to a low amount compared to images. It's not a literature contest. ;)

ChaplainTRules:

Hello, saw a post on Dakka about this contest. I loves me some doodles. I hope I have enough free time to get some work done on this. I’ve already started a few quick ideas.

Is this our take on Chaos Dwarves or are we supposed to improve on existing designs? Or both?

Bloodbeard:

Hello, saw a post on Dakka about this contest. I loves me some doodles. I hope I have enough free time to get some work done on this. I've already started a few quick ideas.

Is this our take on Chaos Dwarves or are we supposed to improve on existing designs? Or both?

ChaplainTRules
Welcome aboard ChapkainTRules! Great to see you join here to join a competition. What forum did you come from? And who send you here?

You can pretty much submit whatever you want.

Admiral:

Indeed, make 'em however the hell you like 'em. :wink:

GW & FW has reinvented Chaos Dwarfs repeatedly through the editions, and so have we done on CDO and likewise have various independent evil dwarf producers done. Chaos Dwarfs seems to be a craftsman hobbyist’s dream. Anything goes. Follow some existing designs in your concepts, or strike out for something brand new! The sky is the limit.

Dînadan:

Indeed, make 'em however the hell you like 'em. ;)

GW & FW has reinvented Chaos Dwarfs repeatedly through the editions, and so have we done on CDO and likewise have various independent evil dwarf producers done. Chaos Dwarfs seems to be a craftsman hobbyist's dream. Anything goes. Follow some existing designs in your concepts, or strike out for something brand new! The sky is the limit.

Admiral
+1

Also remember you're not restricted to CDs in the Old World, something from AoS is just as valid and welcome. As would something for Abyssal Dwarfs from KoW I believe.

Admiral:

Quick clarification added to original post (English is not my mother tongue and in any case I might miss key words necessary to get points across):

Your one picture/link/file with concept art may contain any number of objects, figures and scenes.

Bloodbeard:

Have you guys started making something? I’m still in a phase of thinking off some evil contraption not already made. … I’m no evil genious, because it’s hard to think of anything.

Abecedar:

Yep. Something in the works here. Lots of things look great in my head but after being put on paper?

Helblindi:

Same here, bloodbeard, trying to think of some unit or model that doesn’t exist yet, but most of my ideas aren’t cool enough…

Abecedar:

Adapt something that already exists maybe.
I’d possibly draw inspiration from any of the many fan made books from years past maybe

Malorndk:

I have my entry in. It’s not especially good, but at least I’m participating this time <3

TheHoodedMan:

I did some sketches already but I am far from satisfied. At the moment I still plan to enter with something at least…

Dînadan:

Just entered mine. :). Good luck everyone.

Jackswift:

As is typical, I haven’t started yet. Still weighing which idea to go with (and refinishing part of the exterior of my house before winter; which is sucking up a solid chunk of my spare time ;)).

Fuggit Khan:

I have a vague idea…but have not started yet.

I’m still spending too much hobby time painting some models for commission work (which I wish I had never accepted, it’s a time vacuum)

Perhaps this weekend I can get the pen to the paper :hat off

Will Liam:

I have put my entry for the competition �?" have seen some of the sketches up on the site and looking forward to seeing everyones final entry. Cheers and good luck all :slight_smile:

Rakkzul:

Mine is in!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Abecedar:

Almost done. But Hashut knows I think I’m stretching the concept of “concept art” a bit.

Jackswift:

And… Done… At some point you just have to stop. Now to figure out how to get a photo or scan that captures it well. First several are not there… Have a bit of time still…

Helblindi:

Done!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.