[Archive] Artisan's Contest XXIX

Admiral:

[align=center][/align]

Madness. Madness has entered the world. It was seen emerging on claws and cloven hooves out of Daemonic pits or chanting out of crazed Temple chambers. Nay! It was seen creeping out of mutant lairs and insane men’s cages. Nay! It was seen charging down the steps, sweeping all before it. Nay! It was seen dropping out of a portal rift in the fabric of reality, roaring its hellscream and turning marrow to ice. Nay! It was seen drenched in blood, chest heaving under heavy breath, searching for its next prey; for truly it had already slaughtered all in its path…

[align=center]“Nyahahahaha!”[/align]

Zanko Presents: Artisan’s Contest XXIX!

Disciples of Lugar: Chaos Dwarf Berzerkers Artwork Challenge

As some of you may be familiar with, there is a new Infernal Dwarf unit in their Ninth Age army list. Like so much else in this emerging setting, nothing is known about their background until the full army book gets released (we’re next in line). They are called Disciples of Lugar, and all rules point toward them being Daemonically possessed religious fanatics on fire: They are found in the army list category “Bound and Binders” alongside Kadim fire Daemons and Infernal Egnines; they burn every foe they touch just like Kadim fire Daemons do (and K’daai in Warhammer) thanks to their rule Volcanic Embrace; they sport Frenzy and unbreakable; and they are protected by a Daemonic Aegis (Ward) save which is much stronger against flaming attacks directed toward them.

We would like to recognize this new concept for our Infernal Dwarves by throwing an art contest where all kinds of Chaos Dwarf berzerkers are welcome to join the fray!

The goal here is to create a piece of artwork featuring Chaos Dwarf berzerkers in some way. This can be done by drawing, sketching or painting it (i.e. no miniature entries). Digital tools are allowed, and some scribblings as seen on many concept sketches are likewise allowed, but please keep any text amount low. The amount of work invested in the art entry can vary from a simple sketch up to a full-blown illustration.

Grab the opportunity to present us your own take(s) on Dawi Zharr berzerkers! Here are some examples of previous Chaos Dwarf berzerker concepts for your inspiration. All styles and designs are naturally welcome, and remember that nothing is too crazy for our Chaos Dwarfs. The sky is the limit!

Prizes

The Gold winner will take home this fully painted plague circus, donated by Zanko!

[align=center][/align]

The Silver winner will receive an unpainted Enslaved Elf of Ancient Times!

[align=center][/align]

The Bronze winner will get an unpainted kit of Tjubling Fireguard Command, sculpted by tjub!

[align=center][/align]

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Deadline

The deadline for the submission of entries is February 19th 2020 at 11:59pm EST.

Rules of the Competition

Each member may only enter once.

Sketch, draw, paint and use digital tools to come up with an artwork or concept image having to do with Chaos Dwarf berzerkers.

Submissions should include one picture file only. Your one picture with art may contain any number of objects, figures and scenes.

You may not submit a picture of a drawing or painting that have been entered into other online competitions or posted in a finished state before.

Don’t post your entries in the forum before the contest is over.

See also the General Rules & Guidelines.

How to Enter?

Submit your entry by sending a PM to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to) with one link or image of your entry. Please do not send an e-mail to any of the admin or staff accounts as this is a sure fire way to have your entry missed.

How will this be judged?

Sometime after February the 15th we will post all entries to a new thread and voting can commence!

Good luck everyone!
The Staff

Abecedar:

Ooooh Great.

Its me other bestus thing I iz real good at doing.

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Interesting theme, nothing jumps to mind immediately, will have to do some thinking to pull something from the nebulous storm of ideas. :idea

Admiral:

Looking forward to see what you come up with. :slight_smile:

A few more previous examples of Chaos Dwarf berzerkers for wild inspiration’s sake:

Hekund Kron by Shivani11

Chaos Dwarf Berzerker regiment by Stro’Knor Macekiller

Abecedar:

Hopefully I will do better this time than this one

Bolg:

I should enter. as its so much fun and I really see no reason why not.

Admiral:

Right now there are no less than 3 art contests going on out there, just in case anyone of the other ones would be of interest to people around here. :slight_smile:

T9A Art Contest III (Makhar - fantasy Magyar human horselords from the steppes):
Due date 5th of January

CDO Artisan’s Contest XXIX (Chaos Dwarf berzerker theme):
Due date 18th of January

Oldhammer Art Contest II (open theme):
Due date 27th of January

Admiral:

Bump!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Abecedar:

Absolutely no joy for me so far. I have a lovely new toy. No not a pencil sharpener but

a graphics tablet. But I don’t have a clue what to do now.

Apparently I need a program for the computer, but which one?

Anyone have any hints?

Admiral:

I’m too primitive to be of any help, I’m afraid! Perhaps some tech forum could help you out?

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Certainly neglected this over the holidays. Finally had some time to sit down and marinate a few ideas today. Hoping everyone’s forges are stoked for 2020! :smiley:

Admiral:

My forge is stoked, but the blacksmith just got sick, I’m afraid. :sick

Deadline moved to 24th of January, which might be prolonged a bit more if Nurgle prove stubborn. Don’t be shy of asking for some extra days if you would need it for your entry; it might suit me fine anyway, if it turns out I need more rest to recover properly.

Anyhow, looking forward to see what everyone cooks up! :slight_smile:

Reaver of Uzkulak :

My forge is stoked, but the blacksmith just got sick, I'm afraid. :sick

Deadline moved to 24th of January, which might be prolonged a bit more if Nurgle prove stubborn. Don't be shy of asking for some extra days if you would need it for your entry; it might suit me fine anyway, if it turns out I need more rest to recover properly.

Anyhow, looking forward to see what everyone cooks up! :)

Admiral
Sorry to hear that, Grandpappy Nurgle does tend to lay siege this time of year.. x.x Get well soon.

Admiral:

Thanks, Reaver! It is indeed that time of the year.

Need to rest and recuperate, so deadline is now 9th of February. Make the most of it, folks. :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

Still no joy at all for me on making anything for an entry. Just way tooo much bad shit happening here these past months.

Will be the first one I’ve missed for years.

We are living in our own little slice of the Dark Lands at the moment as the bush fires have hit the streets on the western edge of my town.

They jumped the 100 yd wide river at that point to do it. Constant sirens from the poor old fire fighters.

Smoke so thick its not nice to breath at all. Blood Red sun when the smoke clears enough so you can see it.

We’ve been warned not to go swimming as the rivers and ocean are polluted from all the ash and debris.

Yep sounds like the Dark Lands

At least we still have power at the moment, not like a few weeks ago.

Admiral:

Ouch, you truly have been marked out by Hashut Down Under. :o

Please stay safe in the mad heat, and take care of each other.

Abecedar:

Yeah, really sux.  Our “Moruya Marauders” Clubhouse (was in a members business shed), was destroyed.  
We’re more upset about the loss of Sam’s business.
I lost a few pieces of terrain but no models, though I haven’t seen anyone else to find out if they’ve lost anything.
And my local Archery club, set in bushland, was burnt out.

Uther the unhinged:

Take care and stay safe down there

Admiral:

Damn, Abecedar. That’s bad news. Stay safe.

I won’t make it home until the due date to handle this on my PC, so deadline has been moved to 15th of February, and may possibly be extended a little further depending on the lay of the land by then.

My pardons for the multiple delays, but I’m currently resting from lenghty exhaustion and constant little sickness bouts from overworking for too long, and I promised my father to take care to relax & recover in earnest, including family visits.

Abecedar:

Don’t be seen to be resting tooo much, your long suffering slaves might get ideas or worse get fat.