[Archive] Ash Wastes Insurrection(1)

Fuggit Khan:

I love the bagpipes…it calls out to the Scot in me, plus it’s just such a cool conversion. :hat off

Da Crusha:

The one on the left is one of the clouts and I've ground out inside the end a bit with a dremel

Abecedar
ohh thats what you did. I thought it was an optical illusion for a minute. I might give it a go.

Abecedar:

Have finally finished some BC’s… or at least what I call finished.

Fuggit Khan:

Nice! I have always thought that any sensible Bull Centaur unit should always be led by Hthark the Unstoppable. Love the classics :hat off

Yodrin:

Nice unite, and nice colors!

Abecedar:

This is what has been keeping me busy in what little spare time I have.  Three months ago, a club member here turned up with his MoW skaven and played against a Bretonnian fleet.   I already had two taurus’s and a Thunderfire, so I thought my Army needs a Navy so I would be able to join in.  Now this same guy turned up years ago with his BFG stuff and I thought I’d give it a go and bought about $300 worth of stuff and he has never brought the BFG back.   This time I decided to make my own and not fork out lots of money.

So here is the beginnings of my Chaos Dwarf Fleet and their Norse Allies done in august and september

Admiral:

Very promising naval beginnings. Will you add more details to the ships?

Fuggit Khan:

How cool! Very very nice, and how fitting that your boats are made from wood (as Warhammer boats should be) :cheers

I have always loved Man O War…we Chaos dwarfs always had the coolest ships

Abecedar:

Found the next lot of my navies photos (thought I’d lost them)

Here is some of the next stages in the WIP of the first Kingship and one of the Longships

And a group photo of all the Dawi Zharr and Norse ships.

Bloodbeard:

I’ve never played Manowar (heard it a lot though).

These little warships take me back to a time before warhammer, boltguns and dice.

A time of model planes and ships. Long hours in the shed buolding boats, eagerly putting them into the stream and … often wathing them sink.

Good work.

Admiral:

Very good detailing work so far, but I think your big hat ships could have a go with the detail frenzy on their big hats and hulls as well. You’re almost there, so carry the project to the goal.

I’ve never played Manowar (heard it a lot though).

These little warships take me back to a time before warhammer, boltguns and dice.

A time of model planes and ships. Long hours in the shed buolding boats, eagerly putting them into the stream and … often wathing them sink.

Good work.

Bloodbeard
It’s a bit the same for me, although I didn’t present the enthusiastucally over-glued vessels to a body of water. In second school class I, and a one year older neighbour, did build a large boat out of scotch tape and cardboard to put in the pool. It capsized. :smiley:

Abecedar:

Am reasonably happy with the norse ships so far, but I don’t think I’ll be able to get anywhere near the detail onto the big-hat ships but I’m not giving up yet.

I used to make little ships too. Some i’d put in buckets of water in winter to see them the next morning when the water had frozen.

Fuggit Khan:

A time of model planes and ships. Long hours in the shed buolding boats, eagerly putting them into the stream and ... often wathing them sink.

Bloodbeard
We used to build large aircraft carriers out of popsicle sticks and scrap wood and launch them in the local pond. One group of friends on one side of the pond with their carrier, and another group on the opposite side of the pond with their carrier. Both sides would then take 25 cent Airfix plastic Zero planes (covered in glue), light them on fire and toss them Kamikaze style at the other guys carrier, trying to torch it. Lots of smoke, yelling, burnt fingers and annoyed neighbors. There was even one case of an unlucky frog who had made the poor decision to jump up on deck of a carrier right at the moment that a Zero was seconds away from crashing into it.
Last carrier standing would win.
Sadly, the same could not be said for the frog who went down with the ship :(
He was posthumously called Admiral Frogbert.

Abecedar:

Am going to go through what has been keeping me occupied for the last while.  Sadly not much actual CD stuff, though the boar centaurs took a fair while by themselves.

Everything else is other armies and terrain that I’ve decided to finish and can be seen here
…TBA…

Abecedar:

A minor update in the Man O War Wip’s.  The navy will launch one day…

Bassman:

Awesome navy! Longing to see them painted, look really promising.

Fuggit Khan:

Awesome navy! Longing to see them painted, look really promising.

Bassman
Agreed :hat off
Man O' War has always been one of my most favorite GW games

tjub:

Wow, great work on those ships! :smiley:

Abecedar:

I wasn’t real happy with that effort at detailing on the conning towers. But I’ve found scraps of some type of cable tie used by our local overnight couriers, it is ladder shaped not solid. So I’ll try them next.

Abecedar:

Not much of an update. have begun work on the olde Juggernaut and got a bit of detail work done on one or so of my Man O’ War fleet but no pics yet. But now I’ve been conned into joining a local Bloodbowl league and so of course I now have to Get my footy team painted as well.