[Archive] Assult Dwarf's 2100p

qwe50:

I call this list “my assult dwarf list” have played a big tournement and did quite well (20 out of 150) BSB goes with wolf riders that way u have 3 strong cav units, if u have more points like 2250 i recoment u bye 2. levels for the mages.

what do u think ???

Chaos Dwarf Lord @ 443

Black Hammer of Hashut

Armour of the Furnace, Shield

+ Great Taurus

Bull Centaur Battle Standard @ 175

Battle Standard, Armour of Gazarakh

Sorcerer @ 115

2 x Dispel Magic Scroll (25) 50

Sorcerer @ 115

2 x Dispel Magic Scroll (25) 50

16 x Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 174

Standard, Musician, Champion

10 x Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @ 120

10 x Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @ 120

10 x Hobgoblin Wolf Riders @ 150

Wolf, Light Armour, Shields

Standard, Musician

2 x Hobgoblin Bolt Trower @ 60

2 x Hobgoblin Bolt Trower @ 60

Death Rocket @ 80

Death Rocket @80

6 x Bull Centaurs @ 181

Heavy Armour, Adhw

Standard 15 (War Banner 25) , Musician 15

Voland’s Venators @ 219

+1 extra

2092p (2100) Points

gIL^:

earthshaker should be a staple,

you need more bull centaurs if you want them to be effective, also Bc’s have been nerfed to death

i use an earthshaker and a unit of ogres, as my rare choices

i would rather use another 4 bolt throwers than 2 death rockets

your wizards are level 1?

those volands are far to expensive tbh

i would chuck the volands, get an earth shaker and use the rest of the points on bull centaurs

ross_lionheart:

I know this is an assault dwarf list and looks good on paper but I think that on the battlefield against a player with a half decent army your going to lose.

I dont mean to offend you by saying that but your list lacks in overall numbers and power.��You have a solid burst of power here and there but when it comes right down to it, you dont have a solid number of troops that are able to support your characters.

25% of your points have been spent on your lord on Taurus and he is a great model no doubt but without a solid support group around him, it wont be long before the numbers game creeps up on him! I’d consider dropping him and using a BC Lord Instead…

Using a solid core consisting of CD foot troops in units of 25 and two units of blunderbusses 15- 18 troops your going to have a solid centre…put your faster moving troops on the flansk to charge opponents in the flanks or get to war machines…:smiley:

I’m considering using the great taurus model myself in the future… Its a fantastic model and quite scary :slight_smile:

qwe50:

playing style and vievs are difrent around the world

eg. where i play u can expect 5-6 dispel dices and 2-3 scrolls s� the ones playing with magic have like 10 power dices and 1-2 bound spells (so using 70points on levels won’t give any magic really) 4xbolt trowers are tournement rules (max 2 of same special)

If u look at the chaos dwarfs tackticaly the really big problem is the lack of free fast movement. We have no small units of fast cav, no flyers, no chariots and no skirmishers, so when u make a army u need to solve that, in this list a earthshaker would be nice but it’s way more importent to have a nother strong cav unit

Try in u next few games to see how u inf based army totaly depend on u earthshaker to prevent u dwarfs to be roled over by all sorts of fast units.

ross_lionheart:

This is an example of my current CD List…

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5510

hal:

To me it seems like you’re trying to achieve more than Chaos Dwarfs are capable of.
They are supposed to be mainly slow with some fast units.

I think that you’d be better off using a different race because as it is your army isn’t very stable and can picked unit by unit quite easily IMO. It looks really fragile.

qwe50:

ross_lionheart i have seen u army and i don’t like it, opponent will shoot/block/lure u bull centaurs and what threts do u have left then ?

they are so strong that they can fight for them self (espicialy if u use them as flank)

i think u should put the lord in the big dwarf unit (unit will be mean in CC and u have the option to charge out if a good chance come up) and think u should use armour of the furnace for the lord and get a Bull centaur BSB

metro_gnome:

hmmm well the dwarf blocks are very small…

i’d like to see you get the BBs up to 15 and the CDs up to 20…

you do have a substantial gunline to protect…

drop the standard in the wolf boyz… and the musician in the BCs…

and consider DoW heavy cav over the Venators…

that should get you some points to increase your core units…

wallacer:

you do have a substantial gunline to protect...

metro_gnome
I was just going to post about the same thing. How do you manage to shield your gunline with so few infantry? Not a criticism mind you, i'm just curious how you manage it (i'm assuming you do, as you finished 20th out of 150 people).

qwe50:

there are 2 ways to “shield” u gun line 1 god ond fasion one big bloks and like half inch wiev to the machine.

i use “counter charge” i very rarely lose my bolt trowers in my HE army why ? i have 4 chariots with move 18 nothing get near them with out getting a chariot in the head i more or less do the same in this list. Cover u self in so there are no places a unit of flyers/fast cav/skirmishers can use on there way over without the treth of getting a charge.

hal:

i use "counter charge" i very rarely lose my bolt trowers in my HE army why ? i have 4 chariots with move 18 nothing get near them with out getting a chariot in the head i more or less do the same in this list. Cover u self in so there are no places a unit of flyers/fast cav/skirmishers can use on there way over without the treth of getting a charge.
What about ambushing units or tunneling guys etc?

ross_lionheart:

ross_lionheart i have seen u army and i don't like it, opponent will shoot/block/lure u bull centaurs and what threts do u have left then ?

qwe50
:( Well its likely that I wil lose my Bull Centaurs thats a given but i also have other units within the army that are designed to cause damage.

qwe50:

can’t do much about ambushing especialy dwarfs with anvil. Tunneling place somthing (like 20x hobgobs will after some time take a tomb scorpion) on the marker and hope he roll a hit :slight_smile:

wallacer:

can't do much about ambushing

qwe50
I suppose to stop Beastman ambushing CD always just put a wall of hobgobs around their table edge to stop them coming on.
I did that once in my Skaven army using night runners. It was pretty effective.

oboudd:

I think you lack magical protection,and I know I say this alot I just happen to play against vampire counts alot.