[Archive] At last pictures! Darkashes army... Updated 10/09/07

Lord Darkash:

My wife has at long last deigned us worthy of a new digital camera! so at last i can show you guys my conversions so far!

First us my sorcerer conversion, nearly finished, just a bit of painting to be done…

and a back view…

Next up is my warriors so far. the command…

Better look at standard…

okay not a better look!

and the 2 warriors to finish my first rank…

So what do you guys think then? C&C most welcome!

(the warrior in the medium hat was an attempt to make a not overly big hat. It looks aweful but was the first model i sculpted for the army.) :hat off

The Flying Beaver:

The beard on the third warrior (the guy with the skull mask) goes too far to the side, it looks like two of the dreads aren’t even connected to his face. Other than that, it looks good though. Keep the pictures coming.

Ghrask Dragh:

Very cool!

I love the staff and helmet of the sorcerer, the cloak looks good aswell. Does the sorcerer have a base model or is it all sculpt? and also is the part below the helm and above the beard a continuation of the fur from his cloak?

The command have great masks, hats and helms (everythings there :)) the musician in particular stands out for me, would be good to get a better view on what he has in his hand.

You have great stuff Lord.D :cheers can’t wait to see more!

Lord Darkash:

The beard on the third warrior (the guy with the skull mask) goes too far to the side, it looks like two of the dreads aren't even connected to his face. Other than that, it looks good though. Keep the pictures coming.

The Flying Beaver
was thinking of adding a bib for him. he actually has 2 beards, i didnt like the first one so went over it again. Think il have to do the bib.

Lord Darkash:

Very cool!
I love the staff and helmet of the sorcerer, the cloak looks good aswell. Does the sorcerer have a base model or is it all sculpt? and also is the part below the helm and above the beard a continuation of the fur from his cloak?
The command have great masks, hats and helms (everythings there :)) the musician in particular stands out for me, would be good to get a better view on what he has in his hand.
You have great stuff Lord.D :cheers can't wait to see more!

Ghrask Dragh
sorcerer started as this guy...

the fur on his front started life as a bib like the area under the helmet but it went wrong so it became a furry bib!

as for the musician...

supposed to look slightly bullish, not sure i got it though.

Ghrask Dragh:

I like it! maybe shorten the snout if anything. Also just noticed the nice job done on his moustache!

The champ would make a bit more sense with one of those bibs on (we need to find a better name for those things:)) just to pull the mask and beard together more.

Again great sorcerer, you’ve really made it your own from the original model. Hope the beards stay blue throughout the Army too!!

Lord Darkash:

:hat managed to forget about my death rocket!

Thank go to xander for the inspiration behind this model, i would never have thought of using stormboy rokkitz without your (i think it was you) BFSP death rocket conversion!

Snotling:

grmpf, i have the same spikes at the front of my death rocket… :hashut

Lord Darkash:

lol. :slight_smile: sorry!

Xander:

Great work! I am liking what you have so far. Extra big death rocket looks wicked. Nice Green Stuff work. :slight_smile:

Canix:

Great conversions like all this stuff:hat off

Kobarf:

Nice conversions, you defenitely got the beards down :hat off

Are you using miliput too?

That sorcerer is great, ace job!

Kobarf

Lord Darkash:

Trying milliput cos you get more per pack than GS, though after the stickiness of GS milliput is hard to get used to!

cornixt:

Milliput is rubbish for sculpting IMO. Get kneadite, far cheaper and exactly the same stuff.

Snotling:

Get kneadite, far cheaper and exactly the same stuff.

cornixt
even cheaper than milliput?! dawm man, i have to get away from these green stuff.. ^^

Lord Darkash:

Once i retreive my digital camera from my wife, when she gets back from Switzerland i can take pics of my latest conversions,

a Snotling inspired sorcerer using that Warmourner character model from storm of chaos (no puppet though),

and a lord/hero made from Thorek Ironbrow from the anvil of doom, diving from a rock with 2 axes

Thanks snotling for the great inspiration you have been for my sorcerer! :slight_smile:

Snotling:

ehm… no problem, dude :hat off

cornixt:

Whoops, I meant kneadatite (or is it kneadadite?) is exactly the same stuff as greenstuff but about a quarter of the price (or even cheaper in bulk, one company sells it by the yard!)

Lord Darkash:

Time for an update, real life has kinda got in the way, but as mentioned above there is a new lord/hero model and a new sorcerer. I have also redone most of the Warrior sculpts and done a few more. I liked the way the musician turned out and have done them all to fit in with his basic look Also i have made the champs beard fit his face now! Anyway here they are!

Please critique to your hearts content!

Baalin:

WOW!!!:o Those look terrific, beards look great and the warriors are tremendous. keep up the goodwork