[Archive] Avatars of War "Apocalypse Dwarfs"

JMR:

Felix from Avatars of War has just indicated that they’d like/plan to do a Warcast box of Apocalypse Dwarfs (=Chaos Dwarfs).

Here’s the full post:

We are now focused on the Hordes of Apocalypse season, so for a while all regiments and heroes will be for Apoc.

We are very behind sending Apoc Warriors preorders so next WarCast box (although it is now sculpted) has been pushed (we can’t release a new box as this would make the cue simply unbearable!).

We are already working to expand our production capacity for WarCast (that is, buying another WarCast casting machine :slight_smile: ), but the equipement takes around 40 days to be built once ordered, then has to be shipped to here, we have to hire another operator … so it might still take a while before we can catch up!

There are plans for warriors of all 4 factions and also for a unit of Apoc Dwarfs, but I don’t know which ones will be for this 1st Apoc season (not all of them sadly).

Gaelion
Source link

Take from it what you will.

Kera foehunter:

Well since he did a great job on the slayer … and the chaos warrior

why not

Baggronor:

Cool :slight_smile: I hope he does a good job. Interesting to see how they’ll compare to the Tamurkhan CDs.

Admiral:

That’d be truly sweet. The AoW Dwarf Lord of Chaos is one of the best evil dwarf models ever sculpted. If the infantry is anywhere close to it and also plastic, I’ll probably build the bulk of my CD army around the Apoc dwarves. I’d still have home-brewed conversions, FW guns and Titan minis in the army’s ranks, but I can see most of the non-slaves coming from AoW, yes indeed.

Shakhorth:

I can’t see this going wrong. :cheers

Nebuchandnezzar:

Now this is some news i have been waiting for for a very long time

I’m sure whatever is made will find a place of honour in my ranks :stuck_out_tongue:

snowblizz:

If the infantry is anywhere close to it and also plastic, I'll probably build the bulk of my CD army around the Apoc dwarves.

Admiral
They will absolutely not be plastic.
They will be of the same plastic-resin material the Apocalypse Warriors are in.

Grimstonefire:

Considering they have to catch up on the backlog of apoc (war) before even releasing the next apoc, then perhaps the final 2 before finally doing dwarfs, I wouldn’t expect to see them until say nov at the soonest.  Possibly next year.

I’ve learned with AoW not to build my hopes up about buying anything until they get past preorders.

Admiral:

snowblizz: True, I haven’t kept an eye on the Apoc range until now.

Grimstonefire: I don’t expect them before next year at the soonest. As a kind of patient customer, I actually like the problems AoW have with their insufficient capacity to handle demand. That means they’re likely to expand, which will mean gold not only for getting nice miniatures, but also for getting some competition going with GW.

Baggronor:

That means they're likely to expand, which will mean gold not only for getting nice miniatures, but also for getting some competition going with GW.
Hopefully they'll create more of their own IP. Hard to refer to them as real competition while they're basically still making minis for Warhammer.

Vogon:

This does sound interesting but the whole “Plastic-resin material” sounds worrying like finecast.

I’ve had a look at the Apocalypse Warriors and they look really good.

Thanks for the link

Vogon

JMR:

This does sound interesting but the whole "Plastic-resin material" sounds worrying like finecast.

Vogon
It doesn't worry me in the slightest. Resin+plastic doesn't mean finecast by default. Just look at Mantic's material. To be honest, I can't name a single company that uses anything related to plastic, resin or anything in between that has any issues at all. The only one that fails is the "superior, sharper detail etc" joke that Games Workshop sells.

I'm coming dangerously close to causing another Finecast whine thread, aren't I? :hat off

Time of Madness:

The release timelines are painfully slow. However, I am interested in seeing the finished product. It would be neat if we could incorporate some weapon options (ie great weapons, blunders, hand weapon/shield).

Time of Madness

Thorne:

This does sound interesting but the whole "Plastic-resin material" sounds worrying like finecast.

Vogon
Avatars of war make good models. Games workshop make models.

gIL^:

Called it :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

RichardC1967:

and then GW showed up…

rpitts2004:

Though as awesome as this sounds, I have a feeling we won’t be seeing these for a long time, he is so backed up with the previous chaos models and all the dwarf orders for warthrone.

JMR:

A little update on this. In response to an enquiry about Apocalypse Dwarfs, Felix wrote:

Yes, I will definitely sculpt them.

Once I am done with Dwarfs (by the end of the year), I will move onto Apocalypse and sculpt some regiments, for sure Marauders & Apoc Dwarfs.

As you can see thought, they might well be a year ahead!

Gaelion
I’d take this with a grain of salt and only take from it that they’re still somewhere on the distant horizon.

AoW has so many things “planned”, but things only come to fruition at a slow pace. Seeing how most of the Warriors of Apoc kits that were developed 1-2(?) years ago are still not up for regular purchase is crazy. That can’t have been a healthy investment.

Kamphre:

It was my enquiry. :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw in the spanish rules that some dwarfs units were deleted and that there is not a lot of units remaining except them, so I asked if by any chance they might be done by Marc (the other AoW sculptor).

But there’s very little chance that is happens now.

Too bad, I’m waiting for them for a looong time…

rpitts2004:

Considering they have to catch up on the backlog of apoc (war) before even releasing the next apoc, then perhaps the final 2 before finally doing dwarfs, I wouldn't expect to see them until say nov at the soonest.  Possibly next year.

I've learned with AoW not to build my hopes up about buying anything until they get past preorders.

Grimstonefire
Here's hoping Felix finishes his Indiegogo orders first he had a lot of promises and seems to be putting stuff on the back burner that people have already paid for I'm expecting to see my dwarf bsb by 2016