[Archive] Avatars of War - Dwarf Lord of Chaos - Did you buy one?

Xander:

What did you think of the model once you got it?

Obsidian:

Ordered it at my regular mini shop along with the rest of the AoW line! Just didn’t have the time to pick it up yet… :~

Loki:

Very good model, but looks a little small when you have it in you hand , but does fit in well with the standard BFSP models, was great to paint also :hat

AGPO:

I intend to, but its got to come after the stuff I need for my chaos and Dawi’zhaar armies

clam:

Havn’t bought it yet as I’m waiting for it to arrive at my local store - but shipments from Spain are not as regular as they had hoped for :frowning:

If it don’t show up pretty soon I’ll order it from the online store @AoW - anyone who has experience using the AoW store and Spanish Postal Services?

Kera foehunter:

well i like his work. But i never found a figure of his that i like enough to buy.

They are cool figures i even though of the dwarves, Its acool chaos dwarf.

i guess none of his stuff would work with my army is why

KRUG_666:

I am painting mine right now…its a terrific model, load of detail and fun to paint…

I popped him onto a Heresy mini cobblestone base so I can use him for Mordheim and BTB…

GRNDL:

I bought one just before Christmas. The model is very well detailed and I’m not disappointed with it. Its a very nice sculpt. My only gripes with it came with lots of retrospective thought. Compared to the other AoW models, its very static and I think I’d rather have had him in an action pose which would let me see the detail of the beard properly - afterall, its a focus on a Dwarf, evil or not, and should be seen in all its glory. Its a shame to cover it up.

Haven’t painted it yet though. With my last project getting finished, I’d had enough of painting Dwarf lords, especially with the last one not coming out as well as I’d hoped.

dedwrekka:

well i like his work. But i never found a figure of his that i like enough to buy.
They are cool figures i even though of the dwarves, Its acool chaos dwarf.
i guess none of his stuff would work with my army is why

Kera foehunter
You could always use the Slayer Hero as a large Dwarf pirate.

Pyro Stick:

Im waiting for the exchange rate to go down before i buy one.

Zanko:

I bought it and in my opinion in reality it´s much better than on the pics in the internet!

I hope Felix will make some others cause I really like the mini and it fits brilliant in my 3rd edition army!

:hashut

Hashut’s Blessing:

Technically, it was bought FOR me lol, but I shall get to work on it soon :wink: I might get another one for converting, but not yet…

Pyro Stick:

I bought it and in my opinion in reality it´s much better than on the pics in the internet!
I hope Felix will make some others cause I really like the mini and it fits brilliant in my 3rd edition army!

:hashut

Zanko
Join his forum then and join the discussion on wheter or not he should make a CD Sorceror.

Ghrask Dragh:

Of course I did :wink: I haven’t painted it yet just because I don’t know what scheme to go for, I think about things like that too much :rolleyes:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Sorry no I haven’t and I don’t plan to but it is a very nice modal and wouldn’t mind someone getting it for me :slight_smile:

Swissdictator:

Bought mine a couple days ago.

clam:

So, how many of you did order it at the Avatar-of-War web-site? And did you experience any difficulties with the spanish postal service?

KRUG_666:

I ordered at the AOW site- no problems at all.

Swissdictator:

I ordered from the site, I accidentally gave them my normal mail address and not the one I used for paypal. Had them resend it to the other address, the form ended up being in Spanish (I must admit, I’m not bilingual… I’m ashamed to admit that). I think I was able to get through it correctly…

Ubertechie:

I ordered mine and whilst it took a while - it turned up fine - I ordered the DE sorceress at the same time - both are fantastic minis - although i agree that given the movement in all the other AOW minis this one is very static