[Archive] Avatars of War, Goblin King

Ghrask Dragh:

Amazing sculpt from Avatars of War, click the pic in my sig’ for more from AoW :hat off

:cheers

Thommy H:

Nice work. I like the variation in skin tone around the mouth and the rust effect on the metals. Did you use glazes for that stuff?

Kera foehunter:

great axe!!!the gobo king could omost be an ogre too.

Ghrask Dragh:

:cheers

I did use some sepia and green washes for the axe, not so much green obviously :slight_smile: I think the mud wash can be too harsh for some metals, not all, and instead multiple layers of sepia work better.

:smiley: Yes, this is a big goblin, he’s almost as tall as in orc! greedy, greedy goblin

Xander:

Amazing work my friend.

I just ordered the Dwarf Thunderlord for making a Chaos Dwarf. I hope to entice our favourite sculptor with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Filipicusius:

Amazing sculpt, but isn’t it a bit stiff ya think?

Grimstonefire:

@Xander

I believe he has already said he will make an ‘evil dwarf’ (i.e. a chaos dwarf) at some point.  Felix is good at joining the respective forum of where he wants to sell the model.  He joined the Slayer Brotherhood after releasing the slayer.

So when he completes the full range for his current book, I hope to see him here soon … :slight_smile:

Ghrask Dragh:

I’m also converting a thunderlord into a Chaos Dwarf :smiley: can’t wait to see what you come up with!

I know what you mean about it the pose being stiff, but if you think about it he wouldn’t be the most agile of movers given his stature, but mainly I think he’s posed like that to fit nicely into any chariots people might want to put him in. :wink:

Since now AoW has it’s own forum I think he looks more to there for inspiration, I know for a fact he listens, take a look at the Goblin King thread over there, he started out like this…

and with input from us fanatics and of course his own personal tastes the mini changed step by step…

…it’s one of the few sites where you can express your opinions and the company will actually listen to you (unlike others :)) he may well join here and post to ask questions, I would also like to see him here, but if you want post your thoughts on any future Evil Dwarfs from Felix, the best bet would be to join the site :cheers

If any of you are wondering why the website is a bit quiet recently there has been alot of work going on off the site getting his own warehouse setup so he can run the company from one place, it’s looking to pick up around september with the realese of the beastman (another big change after posting on the forum) mini and the rulebook :smiley:

speedygogo:

Awesome job. Your goblin king looks fantastic!

Doogle:

Fantastic.

The dried blood on his axe does not look too overdone, and it actually looks realistic.

Hard to do.

A friend of mine plans on buying this model, putting him into a goblin chariot, and using him as Grom the Paunch.

The model is a fantastic sculpt, and I have been thinking about buying the dwarf thunderlord from AoW and convertifying him into a CD.

Obsidian:

Missed this thread!

Lovely paintjob. I really like the Avatar of War minis, gotta get me some soon!

Kera foehunter:

Beer keg !!! wow those are some great changes

two_heads_talking:

Felix does amazing work. I love his Orcs and Dwarves. I’d love to see a Chaos Dwarf from him. I’d even like to see a non-big hat one… And I am probably the biggest big-hat fan there is. Although having a head swap (one big hat, one mask/helmet) would make everyone happy. and it might possibly push people to buy two models just to have one with each head… lol

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i’m useing this one for my warboss