[Archive] Avatars of War Thunder Warriors WIP

JMR:

Avatars of War have just posted a progress picture of their Thunder Warriors; dwarfs armed with blunderbusses or pistols.

These look to be quite easy to fit in as evil dwarves. They’ve got scale-mail and blunderbusses. We will just have to see how the heads turn out.

Also, AoW have recently released a Spanish version of their war-gaming rules and they contain rules and a concept picture or two of evil dwarves. Nothing too exciting, but figured it was worth mentioning while I was at it.

Grimstonefire:

I spotted these as well, the scale sells it for me as it’s so similar to the IG it should fit in perfectly.

Kera foehunter:

I want i want

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

gIL^:

If they look chaos dwarfy enough ill buy a few boxes.

Kera foehunter:

say hello to my little friend… look like the one dwarf is saying :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Surprised GW won’t say anything (after the Titan Wargames debacle) - blunderbusses (instead of muskets, rifles or generic guns), scalemail exactly like the FW IG an the name is Thunder Warriors: exceptionally close to Thunderers…

That said, do look nice!

Kera foehunter:

Surprised GW won't say anything (after the Titan Wargames debacle) - blunderbusses (instead of muskets, rifles or generic guns), scalemail exactly like the FW IG an the name is Thunder Warriors: exceptionally close to Thunderers...

That said, do look nice!

Hashut's Blessing
I think they won't say anything because most of the gw cool stuff was his:hat off

Grimstonefire:

Felix can pretty much make whatever he wants as he operates under Spanish copyright/IP laws (which are quite lax apparently), making it sufficiently tricky for GW to pursue him that they don’t bother.

Abecedar:

They do look good, very tempting even.

Admiral:

I never thought of AoW Dwarfs as suitable for Chaos Dwarfs (with the exception of the eight-pointed lightning star smith), but I think we all can agree that these Thunder Warriors will make excellent Dawi Zharr with some big hats or masks, and preferably also curled beards.

tjub:

Jupp, there is potential!

Da Crusha:

I like them a lot and would like to get some but they kind of go against my cd theme (2nd and 3rd ed models)

Admiral:

I like them a lot and would like to get some but they kind of go against my cd theme (2nd and 3rd ed models)

Da Crusha
Wouldn't some old Chaos Warrior helmets and your army's colour scheme help remedy that? A few sculpted pieces could also help, if you spot some characteristic details that could be carried over from the old GW to the AoW miniatures. The big problem might actually be scale.

Normally I'm not much concerned about size differences (after all most are normal, just as people are of different length and breadth in the real world), but when placing the 30mm AoW Dwarfs alongside 2nd and 3rd edition Dwarfs one might then find that the old school ones will be dwarfed by the Thunder Warriors. If a friend of yours own a AoW Dwarf, borrow it briefly and try to place it alongside your 2nd/3rd edition stunties. :yar

Da Crusha:

well I have several more recent models I use for characters including the avatar of war chaos dwarf guy. that guy is huge though I wouldn’t imagine the aow blunderbussers being that big.

but just looking at the aow blunderbusser and the base you can see he is much bigger than 2nd and 3rd ed models.

Admiral:

well I have several more recent models I use for characters including the avatar of war chaos dwarf guy. that guy is huge though I wouldn't imagine the aow blunderbussers being that big.

Da Crusha
Then it's an open goal for ya'. I guess it won't hurt to try out a unit of ten or sixteen, or whatever number they will be sold at.

Baggronor:

That scale armour does look very nice for CD potential, especially seeing as they are multi-part. Good stuff.

Surprised GW won’t say anything (after the Titan Wargames debacle) - blunderbusses (instead of muskets, rifles or generic guns), scalemail exactly like the FW IG an the name is Thunder Warriors: exceptionally close to Thunderers…
I’m sure they have said things. I hope Felix told them where to go :wink:

AGPO:

I’m sold, I’ve already got some of his Chaos Warriors and the two daemonic heralds and they’re some of my favourite figures

Admiral:

That scale armour does look very nice for CD potential, especially seeing as they are multi-part. Good stuff.

Baggronor
Don't forget the bare arms, which are good for anything remotely inspired by the Hellcannon crew. :mask

Kera foehunter:

Surprised GW won't say anything (after the Titan Wargames debacle) - blunderbusses (instead of muskets, rifles or generic guns), scalemail exactly like the FW IG an the name is Thunder Warriors: exceptionally close to Thunderers...
I'm sure they have said things. I hope Felix told them where to go ;)

Baggronor
Yea i like the Multi- part too . you can mix and match stuff
:hat off
that's what it all about

Barth:

Also, AoW have recently released a Spanish version of their war-gaming rules and they contain rules and a concept picture or two of evil dwarves.

JMR
any pics?