[Archive] BABIS CHAOS DWARFS ;)

BABIS:

Hi guys! Hello Dawi Zharr! :slight_smile:

My name is Babis and I’m an Italian chaos dwarfs player :wink:

I’m in love with this army since the day I started to collect it in 2000 :cheers

but due to various reason I had to stop with Warhammer stuff in 2006… …until the last year, when i casually found in the web some informations about the Tamurkhan book :slight_smile: and I thought it was the right time to restart the game!

obviously I’m a big hat lover :hat off and I own a quite completed army, which is currently being painted :smiley:

this is a preview style of my army :

I recently gave some of my CD minatures to my friend Bassman (who is one of the best “big hat” of all the times :hat off) and we are making some crazy customized conversions :hashut

let’s start with this really nice daemonsmith :wink: let me know what you think of my beautiful sorcerer :wink:

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

DAGabriel:

Great start, love them. Old fashioned in a modern way. Will have a close look at this thread.

frogbear:

Bellissimo!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Stiglitz:

I love the old style! :cheers

BABIS:

Hi guys! thank you for the appreciations :wink:

the concept art for my army is to paint it in a modern way (you can clearly see the the chaotic skin, rusty/oxidized/ashen metals on the miniatures)
but with some references to the classic style ( like the red hats and the red clothes)

apart from this I really love the '80 cartoonish style :slight_smile: especially in old classic armies like ours…  
(sometimes I think about painting a FW army in a “heavy” cartoonish style :idea I think it would be amazing!)

I own a quite completed army with all metal models (I really hate plastic :hashut ) good for 2500/3000 points battles and I’m not interested to collect a bigger army like 10000 points…
at the present time I don’t have so much hobgoblins but they are very hard to find…

now I have another beautiful conversion to show you :wink:
this is the slave ogre for my earthshaker/dreadquake mortar :

BABIS:

my CD unit with axe and shield :wink: hope you like it!

frogbear:

Those shields are fantastic.

Great work!

Bassman:

Nice conversions, I like them :wink:

This is my first sculpting commission and I am really happy.

After seeing your painted miniatures I’m even more motivated: they are awesome!

Back to the working desk!

Bassman

Ghrask Dragh:

These are incredible, sculpting and painting :hat off both!

Skink:

Wow! This promises to be a very good looking army!!! Good job. May I ask why you chose two different skin colors???

Zanthrax:

Great stuff and it is cool to see the return of a red army / kind of reminds me of the early 90s when almost every army was red

Keep up the good work

BABIS:

hello my friends :wink: thanks for the kind words :wink:

I have to show you the latest creation from my Daemonsmith ^^

an evil hobgoblin wolf rider hero converted according to the concept I thought a long time ago :slight_smile:

this hobgoblin will be the next villain of the game tables :smiley:

let’s make a funny game!

who recognizes his mount? ^
^

or… who recognizes his seat and banner?

ehehe :wink:

azhagmorglum:

Great work ! Your painting style removes the old school look of the models, and really brings them up to date. The subtle conversions here and there are nice as well.

Keep it up !

BABIS:

Hi guys!

I just want to update with this beautiful death rocket launcher :slight_smile:

and, coming soon: some other conversions and works ! :wink:

Threadbare:

The wolf rider’s seat looks to be from the old doom wheel, not sure about the mount.  

I really like the colors of your army, great stuff keep it up :hat

BABIS:

The wolf rider's seat looks to be from the old doom wheel, not sure about the mount.  

I really like the colors of your army, great stuff keep it up :hat

Threadbare
you're the winner! ^_^
yes, the seat/banner is the one from the old doom wheel..

and who will recognize the mount?? ;)

little help: it comes from the chaos beasts range..

JMR:

BABIS
It's the companion of that beastmen special character. Khazrak One-Eye or some-such. I actually have that model somewhere...

BABIS:

BABIS
It's the companion of that beastmen special character. Khazrak One-Eye or some-such. I actually have that model somewhere...

JMR
yes it is, good job! I leave my hat :hat off

the name of the mount is Red Maw ^_^ from what I know it have been killed by Gotrek or something similar o_o

Skink:

Wow!!! Flawless paintjob on the rocket! The crewmen are very well characterized.

beefcake:

Truly inspiring work here. I love the skin colours you’re using :slight_smile: