[Archive] Back from Stonehenge

Bloodfire:

Hey guys, after 4 weeks digging in a trench, im finally back :smiley:

Had a brilliant time at Stonehenge, manage to meet several famous archaeologists as well as Phil of Time Team. :slight_smile:

Now i got the digging out of the way, i can finally start finishing off my chaos dwarfs. :smiley:

Xander:

Welcome back! Bring on the [[Dawi-Zharr]]!

Sojourn:

I saw Stonehenge from the road when I was there. those rocks are big! glad one didn’t fall on you! :wink:

welcome back.

Bloodfire:

Thanks, one day was really good as, before we went digging, we were allowed to walk inside the stone circle :slight_smile:

That had got to be one of the best experiences of my life, although my mate topped it by licking one of the stones xD

furrie:

your friend licked a stone ? Glad you had a great time there

Bloodfire:

I asked him why did he licked the stone and he told me that just saying you’ve been to a famous arcaheological site wouldnt be enough, but saying you licked an archaeological landmark, well thats something more intereting.

He told me that so far he licked, The pyramids, Stonehenge, Avebury, The Collossos and i think the Collesium as well, before you ask, he’s from Sheffield and yeah he is daft :slight_smile: (being from Barnsley, its a local law to take the mick (making fun of) people from Sheffield, don’t ask me why, its just a bit of Barnsley Culture).

Willmark:

Welcome back indeed. Licking stones? And people think us Americans are strange! :wink:

Kera foehunter:

lol Arcaeologist people that dig in garbage !! to find out how people live

if you licked the stone would that make you a stoner ???

well im glade you had funn Bloodfire

Doogle:

Thats amazing dude.

I am aspiring to be an archaeologist. I am going to college for it now.

I only just began a year or two ago though, so still slow moving for me ha.

Sojourn:

hahahaha@ Kera. I wanna know if he had a good trip after licking it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i like licking rocks to

what why’d i say that

its a strange world

welcome back :slight_smile:

two_heads_talking:

well just remember how many birds have flown over those rocks and taken a nice crap on them… then perhaps you will think twice about licking rocks… ROFL

cornixt:

Don’t forget the unwashed new-age types!

Licking historical monuments is the new thing. Seeing them is dull, touching them is rare, licking them is the penultimate step before stealing them.

furrie:

that would be cool, stealing the great pyramide :stuck_out_tongue:

slev:

that would be cool, stealing the great pyramide :P

furrie
Aye, now that be some fine wargamin' terrain, that be!

AGPO:

All pyramids and Ziggurats be the rightful property of the Chaos Dwarfs, I say lets go claim us some booty!

Kera foehunter:

well we don’t have a great stone henge in ohio but we have  serpent mound

this was built about the same time of the  stone henge

it a 100 mile south of me cool place

Perturabo:

that would be cool, stealing the great pyramide :P

furrie
Tried that once. They noticed the lump under my shirt in customs.

I'd like to see stone henge at some point. I don't live too far away, but I've never got round to it.

cornixt:

It’s a bit underwhelming IMO. You are pretty far away from it (they change the distance every few days so people don’t ruin the grass!) and there isn’t much to see really. Just as good a view as from the motorway.

My friends don’t have any good things to say about Time Team!

Bloodfire:

well we don't have a great stone henge in ohio but we have  serpent mound
this was built about the same time of the  stone henge
it a 100 mile south of me cool place

Kera foehunter
I learnt about the serpent mound in one of my archaeology modules :D
Thats one of the many places in America i really want to visit ^^

Did find a few things when digging at stonehenge, mostly flint and a rather large chunk of bone, took me about 5 minutes to get it out cos i was worried it might break apart in my hands :exclamation: