[Archive] Bad hair day? my big hats

starscream:

whoah just realised how long its been (naughty Starscream, no energon for me).

Been too busy wrapped up in my Soul Drinkers and Steel Legion. Anyway, a bunch of new stuff arrived in the post this week: 20 hobgob wolf riders (including Oglah and Gazahk) and 18 hobgoblin warriors. I also just recieved 3 death rockets and am awaiting gILs hell cannon and taurus.

Time to crack on…

Hashut’s Blessing:

crack Work starscream! :smiley: dangles a rod with energon cake on it, enticing you to the painting table

Jubai Jones:

Excellent work!

Your color-scheme matches the scheme i was considering, for my own Chaos Dwarfs, with the cloth kept in red (maybe dark red) and the armor/metal kept in “dark” metal (of cause:)) Your Centaurs are awesome as well, i doubted the use of red as the “Bull-part” of the centaur but your results work great!!

You’re really inspirering me, hope you dont mind, if i stole a couple of your ideas?:~

Anywho keep em comming!

starscream:

steal away JJ, I have actually done more work, its just a case of putting photos up.

Hashut’s Blessing:

The stop typing and starting taking pics :wink:

starscream:

actually here they are…

Death rocket & crew

Taurus & Lord have been re-based

2nd Taurus and Lord (not quite finished yet)

A few of the hobbos

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s all looking really nice! I like the colour scheme of the hobbos in particular. Fits really well together. What’s unfinished about the lord? Cool “backpack” type thing. What’s it made from etc?

Good lad for posting so quickly.

starscream:

the lord need more work on certain bits of the paintwork (hooves, beard, trinkets etc)

Thats actually a back rest on the saddle, its made from a tombstone, fur cloaks and the lanterns from the corpse cart.

Hashut’s Blessing:

can I get a close up of it, please?

Jubai Jones:

Super thanks!:hat off

I’ll start Painting my own Dwarves tomorrow i hope, unfortunantly dusk comes a little early this time of year, so undercoating miniatures properly is a bit of a gamble, a gamble i dare not take with expensive models…

Again you went for the Lave bases as i will on mine, but enough talking, i should get to work on my own! overall top notch work!!

And keep those updates comming!:slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

great army !!! love the colors

but for a bad hair day ,i have a male elf slave that can help you!!

Willmark:

How about some shots from the sides so we can see thes ebad boys further.

starscream:

well after some nagging from Superfella I’ve started on my chaos dwarfs again, more regular updates I promise.

To kick things off I finished the 2nd taurus…

al-hashut:

Looks really good. Especially the back to his saddle. Nice work on the hobbo’s as well BTW. Keep the updates coming

Sojourn:

man, I loved those hobbos starscream. just scrolling down through the pics and boom! it just struck me. very tidy and great colours! :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

wow looks great !! love the cool stands starscream

furrie:

awsome

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

CheTralfara:

That 2nd great taurus… the one you just showed us… what’s it made from?? The great stag model with belakor wings? did you use greenstuff to make the horns?

I would really LOVE close-ups. How did you do the cyber eye-patch?

.nick

Willmark:

Those hobgoblins are indeed impressive, nice work.

starscream:

yeah its a stag with belakors wings, I didnt make the majority of it, GiL did before he sold off his cds. I added detail/throne/rider.

I dunno what he used for the horns, they arent green stuff, maybe the ones from Ghaskull Thraka?

The cyber patch is mostly already on the stag, most wood elf minis have this clothy leafy thing (the horses have the same) rather than try and take it off I just modified it to look a bit cyber and more fitting.