[Archive] bad news for my gaming

asheira:

My friend informed me that while i was gone on my hunnymoon, the local Games Workshop store is closing.

my exact words, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

sam’s exact words will not be posted due to exessive profanity

Kera foehunter:

Well you could always open your own store !!!

Then both of you could have a cool store and work !!! every day you could work with the one you love !!! wow how Romantic !!! xoxo

cornixt:

You could always use it to start a gaming club, then you could use non-GW miniatures too.

Zanko:

And there are many brilliant miniatures not made by GW!

Another advantage would that you will be your own master and not a GW slave!

:hashut

Servius:

------

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Swissdictator:

I have an apartment in a small college town. It’s not tiny, nor is is that big. It’s a nice size.

I have a table for gaming set up, as Platteville has nothing for game stores… and the closest town with one (Dubuque, 30 miles one way) has a horrible store. The next closest is Madison (70 miles one way).

Running it out of my place I have gotten about 6 people to start playing in the local area.

Even a nice set up out of where you live, can help a lot. Now you just need to meet fellow gamers, or get friends into it.

Kera foehunter:

there are several stores around me. But to have a group of people come over and play is great! until you do something stupid then your a god!! no one will forget

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

Like everyone else said perhaps start your own club or just start playing games at home with your friends. It is not that difficult to build a gaming table. Just really a big enough table with a green table cloth or something similar.

two_heads_talking:

asheira, where do you live? You can always check GW’s website and find the nearest LFG store that carries their stuff. Or, as others have suggested, play in your haouse.