[Archive] Baggronor's Chaos Dwarfs

51la5:

Those are great I must say I love the alter.

Grimstonefire:

The shieldbearers and altar thing are really amazing. What model is that you are using for the taurus? Looks like the original model, but I’m not sure.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

The Taurus looks very impressive already. Seems like a stag conversion, right? The Lamassu has lion feet, so if you want to stick closely to the fluff, this would need to become a Taurus.

Xander:

The Taurus looks very impressive already. Seems like a stag conversion, right? The Lamassu has lion feet, so if you want to stick closely to the fluff, this would need to become a Taurus.

Ishkur Cinderhat

Looks sculpted to me. :P

Baggronor:

Yeah he is green stuff over a wire frame and miliput base. He’s a fair bit bigger than the stag model, more griffon sized. I’m thinking I’ll just make something crazy looking and have interchangeable riders for it. He will have a flaming mane and skin like cracking lava, like the balrog :slight_smile:

AGPO:

It’s awesome work, :hatoff how do you get the GS so smooth on the taurus’ body. Its been a problem thats stopped me working on bull centaurs for a while

Xander:

My guess would be a clay shaper tool.

colourshaper.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Baggronor:

Theres a knack to the smoothing. After you’ve been working on it a while and it starts to go hard, wet your finger and rub the surface with the side of your finger (to avid fingerprinting as much as possible). If the green stuff is on the way to drying, you won’t mess up the shape but will smooth the surface nicely. This can also be done with smooth instruments such as the handle of a file for example. Just make sure its wet, or it can stick to the model. Alternatively, you can file it smooth after its dry. I usually end up doing both at some stage. Fine sand paper is best for large models, a modelling file is fine for small stuff, just be careful as it will make a pile of green dust that probably isn’t very healthy (particularly if the missus is near).

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Flaming mane sounds great, can’t wait to see that take shape. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Wow, nice sculpting. Very good anatomic work on the shape of your taurus and I love the shieldbearers and palanquin. I like the new mask for your black orc champion, suits the model and helps it to fit in with the rest of the army!

Willmark:

This army kicks major a@@! Well done Dude, definitely an inspiration for all CD players out there.

Xander:

I am wondering, are the quality of the pictures better on your PC? Is Photobucket compressing the images?

I wouldn’t mind getting some of the originals emailed to me, if they are a better quality. :slight_smile: Send to davidjclarke@gmail.com ! :smiley:

AGPO:

Xander nudge gallery nudge nudge

Ghrask Dragh:

Great start on the Taurus/Lammasu, looks very promising indeed - now that you’ve said you have to do the flaming mane :)!

How far along are you?

Xander:

Xander *nudge* gallery *nudge nudge*

AGPO
Why do you think I asked for the images? ;P

GRNDL:

@Baggranor

What model did you use for the Hashut effigy on the altar, if you don’t mind me asking?

Baggronor:

The head of the statue is the old Lammassu, the rest is wire, putty and green stuff. He was a right pain to sculpt, as I had to deform him into a hunch-backed pose to get it right. Probably my best large-scale sculpt so far.:slight_smile:

The base is just an old wooden display base I got from my dad, the lava is plaster poured in over some marbles (to make the bubbles).

I haven’t touched the Taurus in months, as I never get to use it anymore, what time I have for modelling/painting usually gets spent on stuff I’m actually going to use. Up until the last UK GT I was working on this army like a madman, now my Samurai-themed Undead are back in the limelight for their new book. I’ll finish the Taurus one day, I just need a bit of time… plus I’m not decided on the design for the rider.

hal:

Really amazing work, you’re take on Chaos Dwarfs is very unique. I love the armour too, very different.

Uzkul Werit:

Those helmets actually look kinda cute. laughs

Willmark:

That is some serious awesome work there my friend! Have a slave to help you out! EDIT: Have 2 this army is that cool!