[Archive] Bale Taurus as the K'Daii Destroyer?

tvandyke:

I know this has been hashed to death, but I’m thinking of using the Forgeworld Bale Taurus as a K’daii Destroyer. I’d remove the wings and give it the Balrog lava effect by carving in creases using a dremel tool. Maybe green stuff some flames coming out of it’s mouth. I was just going to go a similar route to a lot of others by just using the Balrog (minus wings), but the picture in the Tamurkhan book is definitely the picture of a flaming bull. Any thoughts?

Zanko:

Why using this expensive model?

There were mentioned many other Bull models/toys (for example from SCHLEICH) which you can

easily convert and these are much cheaper!

Despite the costs why not - you and your imagination (and perhaps your converting skills :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

are the only boundaris! :hat off

:hashut

tvandyke:

Why using this expensive model?

There were mentioned many other Bull models/toys (for example from SCHLEICH) which you can
easily convert and these are much cheaper!

Despite the costs why not - you and your imagination (and perhaps your converting skills ;P )
are the only boundaris! :hat off

:hashut

Zanko
Yep, I saw some of those out at Amazon.  There's some cool looking Rodeo Bulls (much more dynamic) from Breyer as well, but I just don't know how big these things are.  I might need to make trip to the toy store.  The one thing that I like about the Bale Taurus is it's armored which really fits the description in the book.  The thing I don't like is the price and I just know if/when FW comes out with a destroyer, I'm going to want it.

JonJon:

Scibor miniatures has one giant bull model

Jon