[Archive] Balseraph's sculpts [up 07-04-2011]

nitroglysarine:

they are cool. where did you get the wheels from?
are they resin casts?

nitroglysarine
judging from the colour they are... as are the bull centaur bodies. You might not want to show that you dublicated them that obviously since I believe its illegal... (I don't mind but someone could...)

greetings

so.sad

so.sad
Hmmm, i'm sure he is just making 'back-ups' for personal use.
i retract the question, on the grounds it my incriminate someone. ;)

Balseraph:

As wrote nitroglysarine - It’s for personal use (it’s legal). I don’t buy or sell it. I do it my self because … I will need a lot of cash to buy original - and not in Poland. I have all CD torso and one bull torso (original). I made the part of bull centaurs from the normal cavalry, part from undead cavalries - I don’t like bull centaurs made from ponies from BFSP- but I do one or two from it. I am not ashamed of the fact that sometimes I am doing casts of some things - like of these bulls and wheels. And please don’t condemn me for it. If I don’t have money I must help my self how I can - if only it would be legal. And it is legal. Perhaps it isn’t professional but…

Balseraph:

Bull centaurs from BFSP.

- Bull centaur sorcerer :wink:

- Bull centaur warrior

This on the left is unfinished.

LimeyDragon:

wow, fantastic… Love all the work. And your sue of lego’s and other house hold items has inspired me to look around my house for thigns that can be used.

Balseraph:

I do rune of Hashut on my Big Squig :wink:

In this one, I do movement tray and some hair behind their heads :slight_smile:

And they are finished. Now they must wait to paint…

* Female Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer or Statue of Slavery :wink:

And my biggest project :

*Altar of Hashut or Top of CD Zigguart: (in parts by now)

And this way he will look,I think, after connecting the part :

What do you think about it? :slight_smile:

Loki:

Awesome work :slight_smile: those wings are amazing i cant wait to see the alter of hashut finished and painted :slight_smile:

Hazkar:

Wow!some awesome stuff,really like your style

the hashut statue for the altar is great looking, also the statue of slavery(funny mini)

your stuff is pretty inspiring

keep up the good work and show it to us

Balseraph:

I have lots to do with this one… :slight_smile:

I want put there two guards near stairs… high priest behind altar… and 2-3 slaves,in cuffs, coming up the stairs…

So… lots to do :wink:

And I hit the idea of altering the statue when I saw her hair at the back. Like CD :smiley:

nitroglysarine:

nice fountain

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Zanko:

I like the idea of an Altar of Hashut and especialy your statue!

Nice demon …

I´m curious to see all this finished and painted!

You have much of cool stuff, go on! :hat off

:hashut

black hammer:

I like the alter. Where did you get that crazy bull head?

Balseraph:

I bought on auction. It is a head of the toy - of bull - too big in order to do centaurs. There were resembling riders of orcs on them. Soon I do photo and put in here.

Gar Shadowfame:

As wrote nitroglysarine - It's for personal use (it's legal). I don't buy or sell it.
That is not true anymore, it used to be like that that under polish law u could copy anything and it wasnt illegal if u were'nt selling your copies.
BUT
We are in EU now, and thus we have to recognise foreign law, namely license GW made under British law, which prohibits coppying any parts of their Intelectual Property, but its very unlikely anyone will purse you for doing few casts, i think GW has an unofficial policy about letting small scale infringements go. (so unles you will mage stuff that Gamezone do, noone will catch you).

Another matter is that i think CDO has a policy against showing pics of copied models, aint sure and too tired to read it right now :D

Balseraph:

Gar…

“If you want to hit somebody - you will always find the stick…”

If somebody wanted to be officious, he would find casts in very many places…

Coming back to the topic of the law:

In the law being in effect in Poland - it is possible to do the copy for personal use if an original is had. And so I have. And this law is in effect.

Gar Shadowfame:

Gar.....

"If you want to hit somebody - you will always find the stick...."
If somebody wanted to be officious, he would find casts in very many places...

In the law being in effect in Poland - it is possible to do the copy for personal use if an original is had. And so I have. And this law is in effect.

Balseraph
nope, cos you bought a GW product which is sold under license. All blisters and boxes have UK trademark.

nitroglysarine:

As wrote nitroglysarine - It's for personal use (it's legal). I don't buy or sell it.
That is not true anymore, it used to be like that that under polish law u could copy anything and it wasnt illegal if u were'nt selling your copies.
BUT
We are in EU now, and thus we have to recognise foreign law, namely license GW made under British law, which prohibits coppying any parts of their Intelectual Property, but its very unlikely anyone will purse you for doing few casts, i think GW has an unofficial policy about letting small scale infringements go. (so unles you will mage stuff that Gamezone do, noone will catch you).

Another matter is that i think CDO has a policy against showing pics of copied models, aint sure and too tired to read it right now :D

Gar Shadowfame
Hmmm, under uk law, you are alowed to copy items if you own the original for 'backing-up' purposes. So if you own a dvd for example, you ARE allowed to copy it, as long as you don't sell, don't lend it out, and don't give it to friends as gifts. I think the same is true for all intelectual property.
So you can copy say a head, but it would seem illegal if you copied 50 of them and used all of them on seperate models, and painted them.
Granted it would be VERY hard to prove that you had done so if they are painted.
So my advise for showing re-cast models on this forum would be simple, just undercoat them before taking a picture!

nitroglysarine:

Gar.....

"If you want to hit somebody - you will always find the stick...."
If somebody wanted to be officious, he would find casts in very many places...

Balseraph
nope, cos you bought a GW product which is sold under license. All blisters and boxes have UK trademark.

Gar Shadowfame
He is an interesting question, at what point of personal modification does the licence dissapear? They can't claim interlectual property of a model completly under green stuff surely?

Bloodfire:

Back to the topic, I really like the idea of using anything that comes to hand process (especially lego), love the squig and the various centuars, can’t wait to see more :hat off

Balseraph:

Well, I managed to find a suitable law on copyright. And that I hope will end the discussions and littering this thread.

/I hope this tranlation, from polish, is good - I use google translate/

Law on Copyright and Related Rights

Article 23 1. Without the permission of the creator allowed free use of the already widespread in the song for personal use. This provision does not authorize the building by someone else’s piece of architectural and architectural-urban.

It’s probably close the case? And we can go back to the merits of the topic?

I try to, perhaps you can see, do figures from gs and GW bits etc. I still learning to sculpts.

But just as wrote nitroglysarine:

"just undercoat them before taking a picture"

And thats all about it.

Balseraph:

I like the alter. Where did you get that crazy bull head?

black hammer
It is precisely such a figure head. The whole bull is a bit too big (and empty in the middle) but might be able to somehow convert into the bull centaurs.

I finished some parts for the altar of Hashut:

What do you think? :)