[Archive] Banner Ornaments=Great Taurus Skull?

Jamros:

If you collect Orcs or Ogres, you probably know that both armies love to decorate the top of their banners with huge, horned skulls. I don’t know what those are supposed to be skulls of, but I have just now come to speculate that they may be the skulls of a Great Taurus! :hashut Also, on the Black Orc banner, there is a head of a large bull-type creature.

This is complete speculation and is my own opinion. Can anyone confirm what animal that skull actually belongs to? Does anyone have the same opinion as me?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I think the big ones are suppose to be the Rhinox that the Ogres have.

Jamros:

Rhinoxes don’t have ‘side horns’ just ‘nose horns.’ Hmmm…wyverns too have side horns so it could be a wyvern or a Taurus. Any other ideas? Anyone? :question:

Obsidian:

The one on the Black Orc banner looks like it’s from a Beastman.

Jamros:

True, true

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

cornixt:

I suspect that it is more likely to belong to a regular bull or cow, since the taurus isn’t exactly a free-roaming creature from what we can tell.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Killed Minotaurs, maybe? I guess they are more abundant outside the darklands than Tauri. They are also quite surely easier to kill. :wink:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Wonder what a Bone Giant would liik like with one of these as a head?

Jamros:

Minotaur is a very, very good possibility for the Orcs & Gobbo Orc boyz banner skull. I have just compared the skull to the head of the Minotaur standard. Very close match, but a minotaur head is also very similar to a Great Taurus head. Now, the Ogre’s Banner Skull has curved horns and a larger head than the Orc’s skull. Who knows what that could be?

@ Tarrakk Blackhand–that would be cool. I don’t own a giant sized model; would it be too small?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’ll have to find out tonight when I return home. Luckily, I’m building some Tomb Kings for a customer of mine and he has the Bone Giant. i also have the regular Giant as well…AND the Ogres!

Jamros:

@ Tarrakk Blackhand–sweet! How’d it turn out?

Also, I have an old goblin shield that has the lightning bolt symbol of the CDs on it! Wierd…

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

The Orcs have mostly wyverns,boars or beatmen heads

as for CD i don’t know sorry

Tarrakk Blackhand:

The skull head will work out perfectly for the Tomb King’s Bone giant!

I think it should be ok for the regular giant…but then his head would be a bone one, inless you were to flesh it out with Greenstuff.

snowblizz:

If you collect Orcs or Ogres, you probably know that both armies love to decorate the top of their banners with huge, horned skulls. I don't know what those are supposed to be skulls of, but I have just now come to speculate that they may be the skulls of a Great Taurus! :hashut Also, on the Black Orc banner, there is a head of a large bull-type creature.

This is complete speculation and is my own opinion. Can anyone confirm what animal that skull actually belongs to? Does anyone have the same opinion as me?

Jamros
I'd say it is not a great taurus. The Ogres most likely use some large horned deer/antilope/goat type creature, some kind of capricorn most likely, from the mountains of mourn. That's what it looks like to me. Ogres live in an environment with large "ice age" creatures like woolly mammoths, rhinox (=woolly rhino) and other "pre-historic" creatures so that seems to be the most likely source of the skull.