[Archive] basis for great taurus or lamassu

fattdex:

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=som_spw_mal_mon_101_000

http://www.spherewars.com/blog/?p=280

would be a shame to waste the bull head though!

Castellan:

Seems pretty nice. The scar adds a lot of character.

fattdex:

Seems pretty nice. The scar adds a lot of character.

Castellan
The front man-hands may not be great for a great taurus but i think slap an ogre head based lamassu head and wings on will be good.

fattdex:

Ok I have ordered a RH Manticore for the lammasu head for this guy, anyone know of a good set of feathered wings to fit it?
edit: settled for chaos manticore wings.

Baggronor:

I have him too :slight_smile: Mine will be a Lammassu (after much deliberation, I decided the top half being humannoid could look really cool).

fattdex:

Yes i think it will look good!

Animatone:

I don’t know if anyone else out there has seen this model from Sphere Wars, but I just had to post this because it’s my new inspiration for an alternate Bale Taurus/Great Taurus model.

Can’t wait to get my hands on it once it arrives!

It’s called Hombre Toro, fittingly so…

starscream:

Cockatrice wings would look great on this, pity they arent available seperate.

Kronus:

Nice find Animatone. I think it really fits with the realistic sculpting evidenced on the current bale taurus. My only concern is that its a tad on a small size if he model comparison is anything to go by.

May work as a Great Taurus but its too small to be a Bale Taurus in my view.

Animatone:

Thanks… that’s a good picture! We’ll see once it arrives.

Borador:

Seems to be a nice taurus.

@Animatone: The link you posted is the exact same beast as in the first post haha.

theforgefather:

for £30 i would just buy a finecast one but thats just me…

Taurian:

At first I thought this was meant to be a bull mini, but after looking at him for a few and noticing how his front and rear legs looked…different…I see why they call him a man-bull. I assume that the human warrior in the picture is for scale?

Insidious:

LOL no wonder I couldn’t find a thread with this model in it, I was searching for Destroyer model substitutes and everyone here wants to use it for a Taurus…

@Animatone - So how is it, can we get any work in progress or completed pics, would love some scale pics for sure.

Thanks!

Da Crusha:

I noticed some one used him as a lammasu body and used the Raging Heroes head on it. it looked great.

Insidious:

Ooo, I bet that would look good. Big models like this make me sad I sold my airbrush when I moved earlier this year… might be time to ask the wife for an early birthday present again lol…

Satan:

Any chance of a comparsion shot from somebody that has it? Could it be feasibly used as a destroyer? (Guessing not).

Xander:

This thing is pretty awesome. Might have to look into this one. :slight_smile:

fattdex:

Here is how the conversion is going by the way, i’ll do some more conversion work when my forgeworld order finally arrives with the bale taurus.

I am still tossing up whether to mount a metal gw sorceror pilot on the lammasu, or do a magnetization to use Drazhoath on either this or cinderbreath.
I think it’s much more suitable to being a lammassu than a great taurus, due to the half human physique on the front end, and the half-human hands that end in bull hooves at the front. It’s a great sculpt. It’s a perfect size for Lammasu but onlu about half the size one might expect a destroyer to be- when my bale taurus arrives I will post a comparison pic.

Satan:

Looks really cool, but I’m guessing too small to be used as a destroyer?