[Archive] Batman: The Dark Knight - Trailer

Xander:

I am excited! :hat off

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Yeah that’s the right stuff! And the Joker for the new millenium. :slight_smile: But why didn’t they show Harvey Dent?

Grimstonefire:

Have to say, I was dubious about Heath Ledger being the Joker, but I think he’s just about pulled it off!

He would have looked better in a suit though.

Pyro Stick:

I loved the first one and this one looks awesome as well. His bat chopper thing looks so cool. Shame its not coming out for a while.

Kera foehunter:

Well i hate to be Kera the downer. But hey Im tyied of super hero movies can someone come up with a new idea. Why do they get one super hero and play it to death.Then they go to another play it to death.We need new idea’s not reruns of cool old ideas.

Hashut’s Blessing:

My only problem is, is that it looks too much like an action film. Not the style of Batman. Will watch it at some point though. Maybe.

Cotter:

I really love the new batman guy. He was great in Equilibirum and American Psycho, too.

A bit sad that they re-do the joker and 2face theme…

Malificant:

equilibrium, now THAT is a good movie. heath ledger as joker, the NEW style creepy joker is simply brilliant. although i do agree with kera and HB. maybe because i absolutly LOATH the spiderman movies, which were terrible in my opinion. HB is right that too much action is not right for batman, should be more about vigilante justice and elimination of corruption, sort of an opposite to american gangster.

Pyro Stick:

Well i think the new batman films are what batman should of been like all along. Simply Awesome. Spiderman was terrible and im not that pleased that the directer of spiderman is doing Wizards First Rule as well.

Malificant:

oh, and did i mention i hate harry potter? thats right, i said it. ruining the image of fantasy for everybody.

id like to see them get away from the epic movie trilogies for a while (pirates, LOTR, Star Wars, etc), get away from the super heros (Batman, Spiderman), and do some more original mind f*&$! movies like equilibrium, fracture, a scanner darkly, etc.

if they are going to keep doing comic books/graphic novels or insist on super heros, then do things like “Civil War” or “Justice” or "The Year After"

btw, anyone else think that 30 days of night was very dissapointing compared to how awesome the trailors looked? reminded me of the ultimate waste of my time, the village.

Pyro Stick:

Lol the village failed at being a film. I had to study that in english shudder I remember thinking that the trailer for 30 days of night looked awesome but they usually are compared the the film.

Malificant:

but usually not that far off. the movie had a very poorly developed plot or sequence.

the village was a waste of 2 hours of my life. m night shamalan should be ASHAMED!

Uzkul Werit:

Haven’t seen Batman Brgins but this looks top dollar.

What was the Joker’s powers? Was he just very smart like Kingpin?

Malificant:

yeah, he just had brains and psychotic deviousness.

i want to see the guy from the lazerous pit in a movie if they do another one though.

Kera foehunter:

i going to wait till it comes out on cd. and the worst super heros the hulk and the rip off of the fantasic 4. i use to love the fantasic 4 till they made it hollywood style

Hobgoblyn:

My only problem is, is that it looks too much like an action film. Not the style of Batman. Will watch it at some point though. Maybe.

Hashut's Blessing
I think they have to sell it as an action film, otherwise they might have trouble getting non-comic fans to watch it. Consider how unactiony the Superman Returns movie was and how much that transferred over to total lameness.
if they are going to keep doing comic books/graphic novels or insist on super heros, then do things like "Civil War" or "Justice" or "The Year After"

Malificant
There isn't nearly enough screen time to pull these things off during a movie. You'd have to have a long-running TV series like Heroes or something. Even then between the high special effects budget and the fact that to understand these stories you already have to know a huge amount of comic-book-exclusive background means that the amount of audience they could get to watch and the budget of the special effects make it a totally losing investment.
BTW, did you somehow not notice that Equilibrium failed as a movie? It came off merely as 'the Matrix' but with 10x the sucky dialogue and over-dramaticized action and none of the intellectual inquiry. It was worse than the worst parts of Matrix 2 and 3 combined. It ended up going straight to video, few people rented it, fewer even bought it and I seriously doubt the studio that made it recoupped the cost.
i want to see the guy from the lazerous pit in a movie if they do another one though.

Malificant
You mean the guy who was the primary villain in Batman Begins?
Yeah, that was him. Same character.

Willmark:

DC comic were never my fav. X-men and Spiderman.

I still refuse to believe that there is a X-men 3 after butchering the storyline so badly, particularly the whole “Lets kill off Scott and lets make Wolverine the love interest angle”. Sure it was implied in the comics but Jean NEVER considered for a moment leaving Scott. Their unconditional love for each other, and Scott’s tortured past of losing everyone he’s ever cared for in his life is what makes the Dark Phoenix Saga the best story lines in comic book history IMNSUBO.

Malificant:

��i havnt seen the movie since it came out so i forgot about the ninja part!

cornixt:

Equilibrium was like a good film and a crap film edited together.

Batman doesn’t have anyone with special powers (at least I can’t think of any), at the most it has some unfeasible technology

Malificant:

what about the mud guy?