[Archive] battle reports

zorn sabretooth:

is it just me or do wd fix batreps in favour of the shiny new army  i bet dark elves win when they are released

Kera foehunter:

well i think they do !!Who want to invest in a crapy new army . well the dark elves where a weak army . lets see if they get any new silly rules like first hit with a purse and look at me im a elf we should win.

i hope they get there chance of better rules

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yes, the new army has won in every single battle report I have ever read. It’s been mentioned before.

As to stupid rules, apparently DE get hatred against everyone and eternal hatred against HE. Also, their basic troops are rumoured to be 6 points. Unfair, methinks. there is a thread on the rumours for DE though, so don’t let this devolve :wink:

TheVoice:

When they were giving a battle report on some group of Imperial Guard special characters (Last Chancers or something) White Dwarf actually mentioned it took 5 games for them to win.

zorn sabretooth:

mjind you i think beatmen lost a batrep when they were new (yes beatmen not this beasts of chaos nonsense)

minty:

1st, dark elves are the ultimate of armies, end, so kera can stop dissing them before she ends up with a bolt in the face

dark elves are getting the rules hated against everyone and eternal hatred against everyone, and some units will recieve +1 attacks on the charge, and the warriors are 7 points, not 6,

beasts of chaos lost theres, as did dark eldar, and deamons drew, there not fixed, just the armies new so no-one can realy be prepared to face it:) sometimes they play multiple games

Kera foehunter:

ha ha a dark elf bolt has  to  hit first!!! and then have the power to do damage

my rum breath is stronger that the power of there bolts .

cheers minty

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i think they just give them a small advantage

oh yah dark elves! :smiley:

zorn sabretooth:

or perhaps they make the new army better

Hashut’s Blessing:

They always play three games (as a rule of thumb) so that they can make sure it’s balanced and then they provide “the most interesting game”, which usually translates as new army wins.

My apologies, I’d been told 6 points. However, 7 points for re-rolls to hit (even if they ARE elves :stuck_out_tongue: ) is a little unbalanced in my humble opinion.

(Beware the Rum Breath of special character Kera Foehunter the Local pirate of CDO! He he he :stuck_out_tongue: )

Kera foehunter:

look up the dog of war pirate slayer rum breath rule it there!!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I may have to attempt to find it at some point :smiley: Was it used in a battle report? (VAGUE attemot at retunring to on-topic :smiley: )

Kera foehunter:

don’t quote me i think it a -1 to hit its in the blue dogs of war book . i loaned my out to a friend

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, that’s cool. thanks. not sure it could be THAT bad. Maybe if it stained their beards too…