[Archive] Bederken Chaos Dwarf painted

Sjoerdo:

hope you like!

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

nitroglysarine:

great paint job!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

Finally - a painted one - and the green…!, fantastic choice of colour :smiley:

Looking good, mate - really like the mix of colours here - and thing I’lout of the lead pile - and give them a go during Christmas.

nitroglysarine:

he does look festive!

AGPO:

That’s superb work, congrats! How did you paint the green armour? I’ve got a model I’d like to try a similar effect on.

dncswlf:

Yaaaay! Is that the first Painted one we’ve seen!! I hope to get mine for x-mas :wink: Great job… man… tentacles coming out of his head and everything eh! sweet!

Da Crusha:

very nicely done mini. Bravo!

clam:

Yeah, think it’s the first one, here - other than Dave’s own painted ones, of course.

Sjoerdo:

How did you paint the green armour?

AGPO
started with a black undercoat, the basis is I believe called goblin green, I then gave it a wash made out of water, green and a brown paint and then quickly started blending in the goblin green again (while still quite wet), finally by adding more and more white to the goblin green I builded up the layers of higlighting.

asheira:

wow, looks great.

kinda wanna try that coloring for some of mine

dancehat:

Looks great. Thought not the classical “dynamic” pose most minis have it still feels alive. Maybe it is just me but it looks as if he’s struggling up a snowy mountain during a blizzard. Especially when you look how it holds the staff and the angle the head is in, like he’s pushing against the wind.

Hats off to you!

Cheers, D.

Zanko:

Awesome paintjob! :hat off

This shows how great/detailed Dave’s minis are!

Now I’m much avid to paint them by myself! :smiley:

:hashut

Dave King:

Awesome!!!

Officially the first ever painted one I have seen. Congratulations on a great job!

I have this huge sense of closure now!

You made my Christmas!

:slight_smile:

Sjoerdo:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Officially the first ever painted one I have seen.  Congratulations on a great job!

I have this huge sense of closure now!

You made my Christmas!
:)

Dave King
Thanks mate :)

Was a lovely figure to paint, loads of details and a great pose.

Some details; I didn't paint the sixth finger on his left hand, was too extreme for my taste ;P
I added the left horn for balans (I assume this was only left out due to possible casting issues?)

Zanthrax:

Great work n a classic mini

Dave King:

Re: Left horn

Nope, I just felt like breaking one off. :slight_smile: The Six fingers was a lame Princess bride gag.