… and its not even finished :smiley:

Thommy H:

How does he walk without tipping over?

snowblizz:

How does he walk without tipping over?

Thommy H
Utilizing Pure Awesomeness (tm).

Thommy H:

Yeah…still not convinced. Felix always puts too much crap on his figures. It’d actually be pretty good without the dumbass banner.

Pyro Stick:

Yeah...still not convinced. Felix always puts too much crap on his figures. It'd actually be pretty good without the dumbass banner.

Thommy H
I dont get what you are complaining about. Probably around 90%+ or fantasy models are unrealistic. You arent supposed to think about how he is supposed to walk, because it doesnt really matter. Besides, it looks like he is supposed to be a Dragon Slayer and since you cant really tell all the different kinds of GW slayers apart felix probably wanted to make a big statment with this model to distinguish it from his beserker and other gw dragon slayer. The banner is probably going to be optional as well so if you dont like it then dont stick it to the model. Use it as a terrain piece or something.

Warhammerman:

In case you haven’t noticed Tommy H a lot of fantasy models have a crap load of stuff on them. Large weapons, even larger armor, and then big ass banners. So they are obviously not supposed to look realistic, just cool.

With all these large banners and large weapons I wonder if they’re trying to compensate for something. :o

The model looks super awesome. :cheers

cornixt:

That is one mean dude. He slays dragons with a couple of axes, I don’t think carrying that banner around is going to be a problem. The cod-piece looks a bit big, and my wife is threatening to steal the banner for her army if I buy it.

GRNDL:

Meh. Its a regular dwarf. That’s like -10 on the cool scale. Heresy.

black hammer:

This is honestly the dumbest thing I have ever seen!!!   Debating about the realisticness of a Fantasy miniature?!?!?!

Are you serious?!

Warhammerman:

This is honestly the dumbest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!   Debating about the realisticness of a Fantasy miniature?!?!?!
Are you serious?!

black hammer
Oh. That's a real nice way to put it. :hat off

Border Reiver:

Sorry GRNDL - I have an army of the Betrayers in my table downstairs - and their LOTR cousins.  And this guy might find his way into my slayer unit.

But the BESt dwarf mini?

Thats a toss up between the guy on the right (FA 20 Dwarf Champion)

or the lad on my Oathstone (Dwarf Lord - first mini I ever bought - $0.50 at Leisure World around 1981 or '82)

(finally got the Testors enamel paint off him last year…)

Thommy H:

I’m pretty sure I’m allowed to have my own opinion, guys. Felix’s figures are always dripping in extraneous detail - why does he need to have a barrel hanging off his banner, for example? In fact, why does he even need to have a stupid banner at all? It ruins the miniature’s pose and makes it look like a fanboy doodle instead of a work of art. The sculpting is well done - Felix has talent - but it’s pretty clear he’s a graduate of the GW school of figure design.

Loki:

I think its one awesome model and i am sure i will end up getting one, the banner is great but i dont think i would include it when i make the model as i think it draws to much away from the dwarf, i might be wrong but i would need to have it in my hand to make a decision on weather i would keep it or use it as a banner for a bsb

snowblizz:

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to have my own opinion, guys.

Thommy H
Sorry man. I think you've already used up your allowance of opinion in the Scribor threads. ;P:P:P
Felix's figures are always dripping in extraneous detail - why does he need to have a barrel hanging off his banner, for example? In fact, why does he even need to have a stupid banner at all? It ruins the miniature's pose and makes it look like a fanboy doodle instead of a work of art. The sculpting is well done - Felix has talent - but it's pretty clear he's a graduate of the GW school of figure design.

Thommy H
On some level I'm pretty sure this IS a fanboy doodle. He just uses minis instead of crayons. I'd say you can tell that he likes Dwarfs. They tend to be the best of the models (though Felix doesn't do all of the sculpts so might be hard to tell).

You have to allow for a certain degree of silliness when it comes to fantasy I think. It always difficult to invoke Real World Knowledge(tm) on stuff like this. By all accounts Dwarfs are very strong so he can certainly deal with the weight and the low centre of gravity gives him stability. Just like [insert actionmovie hero here] can do [insert impossible action here] we know and accept this "suspension of disbelief" for the sake of a good story.

For some more backbanner silliness just to annoy you though (I'm nice like that):

Baggronor:

I feel it may have more to do with the amount of silliness required to get away with charging £8 per figure. :slight_smile:

I agree it would look better minus the banner. Why would a Slayer need or want a banner anyway?

Grimstonefire:

Why would a Slayer need or want a banner anyway?

Baggronor
If he is a Dragon slayer BSB in a slayer army!  The reason I will be getting one, though I would probably mount the banner onto the base behind him, rather than on his back..

Zanko:

Imo Bör is a cool guy - he looks really vicious! :slight_smile:

The banner … hmmm quite nice but the barrel and the chains are too much!

Nonetheless I will buy him! :hat off

@ BR: You have nice minis there … but the best ones?

No! Not in my eyes!

Imo there are much better sculpted ones! But like always in life it depends on your point of view! :wink:

:hashut

Thommy H:

Sorry man. I think you've already used up your allowance of opinion in the Scribor threads.
You'd be surprised at the sheer volume of opinion I actually have at my disposal. I am not made as other men.
You have to allow for a certain degree of silliness when it comes to fantasy I think. It always difficult to invoke Real World Knowledge�"� on stuff like this. By all accounts Dwarfs are very strong so he can certainly deal with the weight and the low centre of gravity gives him stability. Just like [insert actionmovie hero here] can do
I'm not talking about real world knowledge here - my comment about him falling over was really just a little bit of snark to make a point that it's a stupid pointless banner. The actual reason I don't like it is pure aesthetics. It's not a pleasing composition. It's not artistic. It's just SKULLZ and STUFF, you know? Classic GW overburdening with detail.

But, if we're talking philosophy of fantasy miniatures, "suspension of disbelief" can only carry you so far. Giant swords and silly helmets might be okay, but I'm assuming that Felix's fantasy setting is supposed to have gravity, yes? And warriors still tend not to adorn themselves in ridiculous equipment that would blatantly burden them in a combat situation? It's still a thing, in an internally-consistent world: you can't just have any old stuff hanging off him. It's got to make sense, or it's just putty.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well you can always turn the banner into a streetsign reading “here be dangerous dwarves” if you don’t like it to be back banner. Besides, the skull is that of a flying creature and as such ultra-lightweight and mostly hollow. It is also quite useful to parry sneak attacks by larger folk. I for my part like it.

Thommy H:

Nope. It makes the figure look unbalanced and silly. Honestly, without the banner I think it’s actually a great figure - if I had some reason to want a Slayer, and the banner was an optional extra, I might even buy it.