[Archive] Best "Flying Castellan" build?

Blackspine:

Ahoy all.

I’m ramping up the forces of Zharr Naggrund and toying around with the “Flying castellan” idea. Being stubborn and T5 this guy can road block most blocks of infantry.

I know I’m not the first to think of this (couldn’t find the thread if there is one). But wanted to brainstorm on what the best load out is.

The carpet is pricey, but leaves 25 points to play around with.

I was thinking the following:

Dragon Helm:

Other Trickster’s shard

pistol, Great weapon, shield.

Dawnstone.

HW/ Sh. Pistol

Gold sigil sword

Luckstone

dragonhelm

Shield, pistol

let’s keep em rolling!!

MLP:

If you want him to roadblock S3/4 infantry then the the dawnstone HW/S is probably the better bet. But to be honest you might be better having him on foot at the front of your army with better item loadout.

But to go with the flow I would have him with Carpet, Terrifying mask of eee!, shield. He can make low Ld units flee just by charging or if they hold then he has T5 3+ 6++ with the chance of the enemy having WS1 if they fail fear test.

Johnny-Crass:

Carpet is a enchanted item. Means no mask or TOTS.

Charmed shield and relic sword

Blackspine:

Great catch.

Charmed shield is a good one.

relic sword is a good anti-high T assassin (I’m looking at you sphinxes)

that leaves quite a few points too.

MLP:

Carpet is a enchanted item.  Means no mask or TOTS.

Johnny-Crass
Ah yes, bummer.

Looking through the BRB the only decent options I see are either Dawnstone or the relic sword. Everything else is a bit naff or not going to make much difference.

Spellthieving sword could be worth a shot using him as a wizard hunter. But they're generally bunkered so it might be hard to actually fight one.

Blackspine:

Carpet is a enchanted item.  Means no mask or TOTS.

Johnny-Crass
Ah yes, bummer.

Looking through the BRB the only decent options I see are either Dawnstone or the relic sword. Everything else is a bit naff or not going to make much difference.

Spellthieving sword could be worth a shot using him as a wizard hunter. But they're generally bunkered so it might be hard to actually fight one.

MLP
That's actually brilliant.
Most wizards are not as tough and armored as ours
(beastmen for T, WoC for armor)
so a swift run in, challenge could do it. If they refuse, move a char to back rank and just wail on them.

Either way, it holds up a block for some time. if you do win (by miracles on CR) then you can chase down easily.

and can take on etherals.

propervillanz:

Dark Castellan

Araybean Carpet

Charmed Shield

Opal Amulet

Great Weapon

Shield

Discoking:

Dragonhelm

Great Weapon

Shield