[Archive] BFsP Conversion Rosters

Ancient History:

I’d put this on the wiki, but I don’t want to step on any toes. (see [[Battle for Skull Pass Conversion Rosters]])

Below are a set of easily scalable rosters for new Chaos Dwarf armies, built predominantly around the models available in the [[Battle for Skull Pass]] box set, starting small and moving on to incorporate additional models from the box as the army increases in size. These rosters are designed to take best advantage of the models available in the box, not in attempt to create an “unbeatable” Chaos Dwarf army. A note when converting: save your bits! They can often come in handy when upgrading your army later.

500 Points

Half-klicks are typically very small, fast games. This sample roster looks at a small but diverse Chaos Dwarf force - a good starter for a Chaos Dwarf army, and an easy list to “swap out” units and try different tactics. For example, the Sneaky Gits could be swapped out for a like number of Hobgoblins with Bows, or a general could nix the Hobgoblins and Sneaky Gits or the Earthshaker Cannon and swap in a small unit of Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses and the point values would still remain very close.

Total Points: 498

Characters

* Chaos Dwarf Hero with heavy armour and shield, Army General

Core Choices

* 10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

* 20 Hobgoblins

Special Choices

* 20 Sneaky Gits

Rare Choices

* Earthshaker Cannon with crew

Converting

For the Chaos Dwarf Hero, use the Dwarf Thane.

* [[Chaos Dwarf Hero Conversions]]

For the Chaos Dwarf Warriors, use the Dwarf Warriors and Dwarf Miners.

* [[Chaos Dwarf Warrior Conversions]]

For the Hobgoblins, use the Night Goblin Spearmen.

* [[Hobgoblin Conversions]]

For the Sneaky Gits, use the Night Goblin Archers or Spearmen.

* [[Sneaky Gits Conversions]]

For the Earthshaker Cannon with crew, use the Dwarf Cannon with crew.

* [[Earthshaker Cannon Conversions]]

1,000 Points

A fairly standard size for many games, either at home or when traveling, this sample roster lets you use nearly every model from the Battle for Skull Pass boxed set, albeit with some significant conversions. While not a fast-moving force, this army fields a sizable number of models (96), and if kept within range of one of the magic banners and the army general your Hobgoblins should pass most Leadership Tests - show those other armies what disciplined Greenskins can do!

Total Points: 999

Characters

* Chaos Dwarf Hero with heavy armour and shield, Army General

* Chaos Dwarf Hero with heavy armour, Army Standard Bearer bearing the War Banner

* Hobgoblin Hero with additional hand weapon

Core Choices

* 10 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses with Standard Bearer bearing the Banner of Slavery

* 20 Hobgoblins

* 10 Hobgoblins with bows

* 10 Hobgoblins with bows

Special Choices

* 20 Sneaky Gits with Champion

Rare Choices

* Earthshaker cannon and crew

Converting

For the Chaos Dwarf Hero (Army Standard Bearer) use the Dwarf Dragon Slayer.

* [[Chaos Dwarf Hero Conversions]]

For the Hobgoblin Hero, use the Night Goblin Big Boss.

* [[Hobgoblin Hero Conversions]]

For the Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses, use the Dwarf Thunderers.

* [[Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss Conversions]]

For the Hobgoblins with bows, use the Night Goblin Archers.

* [[Hobgoblin Conversions]]

1,500 Points

Fielding an army of this size from the Battle of Skull Pass boxed set requires careful modeling and scraping the bottom of your bits bucket for spare parts. Rather than field many more models, the models you do field are are better overall: magic weapons for the heroes, light armour for the Hobgoblins, full commands for the army, etc. In play, this army will probably be weaker than those fielded by generals who can pick and choose their forces - at this point you might consider what other models you can buy to flesh out or customize your Chaos Dwarf army.

Total Points: 1,491

Characters

* Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (Level 2) with the Chalice of Darkness and two Power Stones Army General

* Chaos Dwarf Hero with heavy armour, Army Standard Bearer bearing the War Banner

* Hobgoblin Hero with heavy armour and the Obsidian Blade and Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel

Core Choices

* 10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors with Champion, Musician, and Standard Bearer

* 10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors with great axes, and with Champion, Musician, and Standard Bearer

* 10 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses with Champion, Musician, and Standard Bearer bearing the Banner of Slavery

* 20 Hobgoblins with light armour and shields, and with Champion, Musician, and Standard Bearer

* 10 Hobgoblins with bows and light armour, and with Champion, Musician, and Standard Bearer

* 10 Hobgoblins with bows and light armour, and with Champion, Musician, and Standard Bearer

Special Choices

* 20 Sneaky Gits with Champion, Musician, and Standard Bearer

Rare Choices

* Earthshaker cannon and crew

Converting

Raid your bit bucket for extras to festoon your troops.

Related Pages

* [[Chaos Dwarf Hobby Articles]]

Repone:

Good idea, but let’s say that some choices are realy anti-competitive :mad

Cant it be possible to add spidergob counting as wolfboys? It could be helpful for taking advantage of every minis of bfsp box and make more funny army lists!

ps : in the same idea, I’m pretty sure you can make a Bolt Thrower with the charriot (the curved sticks with dragons head can make a big nice bow, and using the wheeled base of the chariot as the BT base, don’t know if what i say is understandable…).

Ancient History:

I hear ya, but some practicalities apply - I’ve never seen a spider successfully converted into a wolf, for example, and any crew for the bolt thrower would have to come out of your other gobbos.

That’s not to say you can’t get creative with the lists, but the more you try to squeeze out of the BfSP, the harder it is - especially if you don’t have bits from other models to play with. You could paint a unit of goblins dark green and calling them Black Orcs, for example, but it is going to get you some weird looks from the other guy or gal at the table.

Xander:

Hey great stuff! I like it. You may also want to consider other plastic box supplements, like Miners, and Black Orcs. They also make excellent plastic additions. :slight_smile:

Repone:

I've never seen a spider  successfully converted into a wolf
I dont want to convert it, just to "count it as". And saying that, I'm thinking of a newbie who as only the BFSP box and want to have fun ; I presume you though of this category of players when you made those lists.

I dont understand this imperative of trying to keep the wysiwyg rule when you try to play 1500points with only the BFSP box. Even experienced players who have more than 4000points dont always play wysiwig.

The idea of these lists is very good.
But how can you accept such a bad thing like that in terms of strategy :
"10 Hobgoblins with bows and light armour, and with Champion, Musician, and Standard Bearer" (90pts : 40points of command group and light armours for 50 points of hobs with bows :/ OMG)
And refuse hob cavalry just because spiders are not wolves???

Ancient History:

The idea of these lists is very good.
But how can you accept such a bad thing like that in terms of strategy
Personal bias, natch. I don't generally like to play "counts as" - I recognize the benefits (and sometimes necessity) of using such substitutions, but for myself I prefer to field what I have, and it it's not ideal then so be it. I never claimed these were tourney-competitive lists!

You could fill a library with the number of commanders that had little choice as to the nature and equipment of their troops when they took command. If I had my druthers and drew up purely speculative lists, I'd have used up all my special and rare choices instead of sinking so many points into core units!

I reckon when you get down to strategy and tactics, I like being on the uneven side - doing what you can with what you have in the face of an opponent with more options. Being the underdog sort of gives you the moral imperative to be a little beardy.

furrie:

In the 1500 points army, you made a mistake, when playing 1500 points you can’t use lords, so you can’t use a chaos dwarf lord.

Ancient History:

Fixed. Thanks.

minty:

and in 1500 you only hve three heros, nt four, so thats a problem too

zagor66:

Id put a sorceror in there.

Ancient History:

Okay, I’m officially an idiot…