[Archive] BfSP Sneaky Gits

Kobarf:

Fantastic idea,

as everyone said the poses are just perfect!

I expect to see a lot more sneaky gits soon :wink:

Kobarf

Traitor King:

Amazing Idea!

Everone was saying they needed somthng to convert the archers into but why not convert into Hobbo archers?

Dracomancer:

Nice idea, might try a few of those myself at some point, however could you take a couple of pictures of the backs of the models, as I would like to see how easy it is to get rid of the arrows there :).

torn:

they are cool - might have to try it one day!

Undeadninjas:

Another thing that would work pretty well is to take some of the spear guys, cut off the arms (shield included), and glue on some of the Plague Monk knives. Then just paint the small bit of fur green and no one will notice. Plus, then the knives are nice and large. Of course, some of those archer ones would be good tooā€¦ I only have 10 arms worth of knivesā€¦ I only have those by chance anywayā€¦ But I think that would look very nice. Once I get that BFSP box set, Iā€™ll make myself a 30 man unit of them for my 1000 point army.

Maybe I can proxy the spider riders as wolf ridersā€¦ I meanā€¦ if theyā€™re furry enoughā€¦

AGPO:

Damn, Iā€™ve already painted my archersā€¦ have to get some more. My old git conversions are decidedly worn out. Iā€™d go for dull bronze for the masks, 50:50 boltgun/chaos black for the blades. Still wish Iā€™d seen them earlier

Kyte:

Although the conversions are very good, Iā€™d like to see what you did with the quiversā€¦

IMO, Hobbo archers are also a better choice than gits, but thatā€™s just meā€¦

Thanks

- Kyte

AGPO:

I do like hobbo archers as a core choice (people are so suprised when they have a range of 24") but gitz do add variety. Its allways good to bew able to vary your army selection a bit

Nemo:

Hi all

Thanks for all the compliments!

As regards to the back and the quivers they were pretty simple to remove from the model with GW clippers, apart from a few were the arm has to be removed and reattached. Any unseemly mess was covered by GS.

About pictures, my camera ran out of battery and is full of pictures from my recent holiday. I painted them before I left so pictures soon.

Oh and now i officially love sneaky gitz. A few weeks ago they charged and killed a unit of 3 Pegasus Knights with FC, easily earning back their points!

:cheers

Nemo

Gir:

has anyone considered using the daggers off the old night goblin sprue i think it was an accesary so u only got 4 per box but it always struck me as a sneaky git knife

think u can see the bit im talking about on the sprue on the gw site

http://ca.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.ca?do=Individual&code=99380209001&orignav=9

Xander:

I actually have a collection of those for just this reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

catbarf:

Interesting. Although I honestly donā€™t see the point in buying expensive multipart figures just to convert BFSP onesā€¦

Gir:

Interesting. Although I honestly don't see the point in buying expensive multipart figures just to convert BFSP ones...

catbarf
wasnt suggesting buying the old night goblins to get knifes at $45 canadian for 4 thats a little extreme but if u have freinds with our happen to have some lying around the always struck me as "a sneaky git knife" or at least that what i think everytim i come across one of thosse sprues:D

TheChaosDwarfBehemeth:

hey so the masks are just a round bit of GS with indents?

AGPO:

Nemo hasnā€™t posted pretty much since this thread. Youā€™l just have to give it a go

Malificant:

you can make the masks fairly easilly by smushing a blob of GS into the modelā€™s face and slit where the eyes are. then smooth around the eye slits and make them a bit larger, and the mask will look pretty decent.

TheChaosDwarfBehemeth:

OK

:cheers to :hashut

Kera foehunter:

those are some cute sneeky gits i like that idea!!

caos dwrf:

dude sweet

i just turned my miners into death guards (turn pick into syth and realy cool mask)

and i have all the picks i need to make 40 something sneeky gitz

thomson:

very nice ez but stell has class