[Archive] Big hats, Big noses and big....shoes!

Loki:

Its a Epic ork blood axe commando at least i think it is :slight_smile:

I.P.:

1 slave for Loki:cheers

Unfortunately I’ve only got 10 of these guys so maybe an entire Warmaster army is going to have to wait;P

Got some new toys today - the Dwarf starter fleet from here:

http://www.rebelpublishing.net/home/shop/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=80&strPageHistory=cat

I’ll be making the funnels look big hattish (is that a word?) and might add some turrets…I’ve also got the end of a death rocket to make a cruise missile style weapon (there was something in Man o War called a great leveller barge or something). Perhaps some big guns too!

Arghhhh :yar

I.P.:

Nothing’s glued and there’s no GS yet, but very roughly:

Battlecruisers:

Dreadnought:

I won’t be converting the frigates (they’re too small!) but there’s one cruiser left - I’d like to mount an Epic IG Bombard gun on it and have an observation zeppelin taking off from the back. I’ve also got some ‘good’ dwarf shield decoration for the armoured front-plates (I saw it done on the uncharted Seas forums and it looks awesome).

Not too sure how to big-hattify teh funnels…will have to have a think:idea

I.P.:

Got some more work done on the black-hearted stunties:

Hero/Sorcerer: I applied some Tjubs style details to the pins - made a world of difference. Is an axe not sorcerer-y enough? I don’t really want to cut off the axe…could just be a hero though.

Bull Centaur: Not too many choices for bodies here; 28mm horses (bit too big), 28mm boars (bit too hairy but nice and short) and 25mm horses (right body size but weedy legs). Went for LOTR horses mainly because I had one lying around and put a mask on to avoid having to sculpt a face (scary!). I’ll have to bulk up the legs (started last night but too sleepy…) and sculpt on some barding. Ignore the tall horse-people slave hand you can see in the picture - its one of my slaves (I was working the daemon camera and couldn’t hold the miniature and the whip at the same time ;)  )

Chopping up plastic CDs to add to my blunderbusses:

Need to sculpt butts onto the weapons…the main problem is that the old CD warriors don’t rank up too well!

And now…back to the slave pits :frowning:

Kera foehunter:

What a great idea with the tacks as the gun barrows

Border Reiver:

They rank up better if they are on a diagonal slotta base.

Really nice sculpts so far. And that idea for making the old plastics into Blunderbusses has inspired me to try something similar - that way I can have 2 units of 20 - instead of a unit of 10 and a a unit of 23…

I.P.:

Diagonally! Shame there’s no slapping yourself in the forehead smiley :slight_smile: Thanks Border Reiver!

Still need to work in the blunderbuss ends…fix them up so they fit in more…but naturally haven’t, instead working on the Bull Centaur:

The trophy rack is a battle standard stand-in - I thought it would look a bit weird if the solitary centaur was carting around a big banner pole. I also shortened the legs and gave it nice feral beastman arms, a hefty mace and an axe made from the axes I took off the plastic warriors :o

Kera foehunter:

looks nice love the bullcentaur model love the banner poles idea

Zanko:

Cool and unique Bullcentaur! :hat off

I´m curious to see him finished and painted! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… and want to see more minis! :cheers

:hashut

I.P.:

Thanks for the replies!

I liked the banners on the old bighat CD models but wanted it a bit more feral so I used a Beastman trophey rack. I pushed it a little bit further forward though:

I moved the arms around so he’s now just wielding a single huge axe, added a little skull to his hat and GSed the armour.

I wanted a layered feel to it but it went a little wrong - if I do this again I might use Milliput to get straighter edges (better for armour and weapons I guess). I am sorely tempted to do a whole unit now though…

Anyone see any mistakes before I start painting?

Kera foehunter:

this is a better picture !! you can see more details

are you keeping it a plane bace ?? some rocks or skulls or a skellie would make the bace better

starscream:

That bull centaur rocks! You’re the 2nd person on here to successfully use lotr horse for this, the hat looks great too. Lets see some paint.

I.P.:

I’ll have a look around in my bits box for a suitable victim for him; just done some gap filling and will undercoat him later :cheers  Most of everything has already been done on here somewhere - except maybe Cthullu dwarves :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Did get some more done the day before yesterday while catching up on some TV:

Bull Centaur trooper (won’t get body armour so I scraped off the saddle details)

Blunderbusses (all 7 - but I thought showing them all would be a bit repetitive!)

Loki:

Some great work I.P. the Blunderbusses are looking great also thanks for the slave :slight_smile:

tjub:

There is alot of beard on the last bull centaur, hehe…

They look good, but I’d like to see them painted! :slight_smile:

I.P.:

tjub  - I forgot to push a mask into the GS! I’ll have to cut out the GS to fit a mask in there :smiley:

Loki   - No problem; that was some good cross game knowledge…even if you’re labeled a hobgoblin sympathizer as a result! :idea

Loki:

i am a bit of a long beard when it comes to old models and i have walked the path of the goblin for a many a year untill i found my true calling to wear huge hats :hat

I.P.:

Amen to that - and can I here a Hallelujah for the Bull centaurs!

I.P.:

PIP:

Had some side shots but the camera was too shaky - I’ll do some more tomorrow morning. Painting wise its going OK but I’m more of a converter than a painter :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

like the use of the skull mask and cd warrior axs!!