[Archive] Bighat or not?

ElEndro:

Hi!

Well, im kind a confused. First a made my warriors with masks, but then saw a convertation using theese pins, and i loved it. I also love the old bighat style, so it should be obvious that i stick to this. But im not sure if it looks good together with masks, and i dont feel that confortable with GS that i can make faces.

The 2 bighat-ones are not ready yet of course, they need arms, and also work on their hats, but i cant decide how to continue.

(and my other question is, what should i do, keep posting theese one of threads like the fire sorceror and this one, or just unify it in an army blog?)

Loki:

I am a big hat fan my self and like you am not comfortable with GS, the masks look good and so do the big hats i think they work well together, i would suggest paint these 2 up and see what you think then, you can never really tell how it will look until you start painting,

also best to unify it in an army blog that way its all in one place and every one can see you work that way.

Keep up the good work, i am looking forward to how these guys come out :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

well if you want to do both make your warriors mask and the tallhat blunder buss guys and lord ??

GRNDL:

I’m Hats all the way. On your models they tend to add a lot of definition easily to the top of your model. Your mask models lack that definition, IMO. The Hat guys look a lot more serious and badass because of the extra height and the covered scalp. I think you should decorate one of the hat pins and then make a decision.

Kera foehunter:

Well that what a hat person would say !!!

* Kera sticks here tongue out at grndl *and makes faces at the computer

ElEndro:

I think ill go with hats, i started to decorate this 2 ones, with rims, and horns from the skeleton sprue, and adds a lot of caracter to them. I think i finish this unit with masks, but on the other ones i will try to skulpt faces, it does not look that hard.

Ill post pictures of them once they are finished, or at least primed, probably later this day.

two_heads_talking:

Well that what a hat person would say !!!
* Kera sticks here tongue out at grndl *and makes faces at the computer

Kera foehunter
Be carefule Kera, your face might get stuck that way.. lol:hat off:idea

ElEndro:

Yaaayy bighats won! Im proud of the look, even tough the idea is not original. Im unhappy with the 2 horned ones faces, but i like the “frogman” in the center. The 2 bad ones are made molds, the frogman is my own sculpt, so maybee i try to sculpt everything. At least the guys are getting CD look. I will also redo the painted ones, but first i want to complete the beard/face/hat/etc of the full unit.

Border Reiver:

The middle one is definitely the bestr of the five.

Now I realize that GW hasn’t given us canon on the Rune of Hashut, but I think that you’ve got it upside down.  Looking at where it has been put previously (axes of CD heroes and on BC axes), I think that a decent argument can be made to have the open part on top.  When an axes is put on hooks to hang it up, it is placed blade down.  This would put the open part of the rune up.  Also, if you consider Hashut as having the form of a bull, the open part could be considered the gap between the horns.

Or you can tell me to apply suction to the north end of a south bound weasel, since it’s your army and you can do what you want to.

ElEndro:

Nah, you are totally right, i was just painting it out of my head, and that was the way i remembered it. Im not sure if im sticking with that paint scheme, first i want to haver at least one unit ready. For some reason i remembered it like the greek letter alfa combinied towards.

I know that theese are a bit poor, but i feel how i am developing my skills even on these few models, and i am getting more and more satisfied with the newest modells. These guys will fulfill their jobs in the rear ranks.

Kera foehunter:

Ther looking good!!! Nice Hat ideas !!

Well ElEndro the more you do the better you will get !!

Maul:

I would mix and match some hats and some mask and have some units as one or the other. I would think that hats would be more elite then masks.

Kera foehunter:

so what have you decided?? Are you going to do the hat army

ElEndro:

Yep, they are going to be almost pure bighat. Im out of GS so i cant really continue to work, but i try to skulpt some faces the next time. But the first 5 are primed now :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Skip the hats!

In all seriousness as long as the models are cool its all good.

GRNDL:

Don’t be a Hat Hater, Willi! Big Hats make up a large part of being cool…

ElEndro:

Okey, so its sure that the warriors are going with hats, but the bussiers may be in some hood like thing, in googles or like that, i dont know yet, first i want to finish this unit.