[Archive] Bilbo's 3000 point Chaos Dwarf Army

BilboBaggins:

I finally have photos.

3000 points Painted (OK nearly done.) The better painted models were done by my wife, she usually touches up my mistakes.

Lets start with Mikhial Yeltzov, Sorcerer Lord on Lammasu named Fluffy. He isn’t the General in this list. (Shadow)

The General in this army is Vladimir Tihvinsky, Sorcerer Lord. I know it’s Astrogoth but there are no current rules for him.(Shadow)

The other 3 Heroes are all Sorcerers, YES 5 Magic Casters as the Heroes. I play a magic heavy list. they will be in photos of units. Red Cape is Dmitri Numeroff (Fire), Yellow Cape is Yerik Ratkevich (Metal) and the one with the unfinished base is Aleksandr Chekov (Death).

Next up you need Warriors, 2 units one is lead by Alexsandr “Lyov” Gorbanov and the other lead by Mikhail Chanchikov

Of course you need Sneaky Gits, mine is lead by Gorbag Krodevich

And a unit of Rank and File Hobgoblins. This unit was created by using and Ogre Kingdom Gnoblar box and a handful of Snotlings from the Ork and Goblin army.

The champion of the unit is Gronak “Snoop Dog” Tisvanish. He is Pimp with his fur coat.

Now for the Shooting. First up War Machines (I can’t seem to say that with the line from Nena’s 99 Red Balloons (english version of 99 Luftballoons) going through my head. Yes my Purple Dice and Tape Measure are in the image. The Bolt Throwers crews are painted to match their bow on the machine (one blue and one purple). Usually one doesn’t miss and the other doesn’t hit.

Then you have to have a Blunderbuss Unit.

Well 2 Blunderbuss units are better than one.

Of course you can’t have enough missle file so 3 units of 10 Hobgoblin Archers are needed.

They are a mix of old Hobgoblin archers and Night Goblin Archers.

I jokingly refer to this army as my Purple Army (even though there is a lot of blue in it too.) It is a Winter theme army that I’ve played twice in tournaments (one in Spring and one in Summer) and I don’t have a great winning percentage with it. But when I get it out people flock around the table.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Zanko:

You know Nena? Cool! And you are old enough that you noticed her in the 80th …

By the way gorgeous huge army! :cheers

The small guy “Gronak “Snoop Dog” Tisvanish” is great, I love him! :h

AGPO:

Nice collection and some very neat painting :cheers One thing I would suggest is maybe a tad of highlighting/shading and picking out details like the eyes and teeth on your hobbos

Swissdictator:

I love seeing so many classic big hats in one army! I’m truly jealous.  :hat off

I also would recommend a bit of shading here and there, even just some black or green washes here and there could really help make the army pop!

BilboBaggins:

You know Nena? Cool! And you are old enough that you noticed her in the 80th ...

By the way gorgeous huge army!

The small guy "Gronak "Snoop Dog" Tisvanish" is great, I love him!

Zanko
Born in the 60's listened to Nena in the 80's.

Thanks, I had to special order him, he is Gnoblar trapper.
Nice collection and some very neat painting One thing I would suggest is maybe a tad of highlighting/shading and picking out details like the eyes and teeth on your hobbos

AGPO
I love seeing so many classic big hats in one army! I'm truly jealous.

I also would recommend a bit of shading here and there, even just some black or green washes here and there could really help make the army pop!

swissdictator
I love the Big Hats, If I make another Sorcerer I was thinking of using a Dwarf Runesmith and giving him tusks and a even bigger hat.

There are plans to do some shading, inking and touching up the army. It was painted fairly quickly (under 2 months) for the tournaments I entered with them. Unfortunately real life got in the way and I haven't had the time to finish them.

I'm thinking I'll start painting them again. I still have another 30 Blunderbuss plus 2 Bull Taurus, another Lammasu and some Bull Centaurs. I'm not sure but there may be a few wolf riders too (Units of 10 yikes).

I'm also thinking of a war machine for the contest, several ideas floating in my head. :hat

Kera foehunter:

great army bilbo like the mix of old and new

gronak is a pimp!!! where is his pimp cane and hat???

Sojourn:

Gronak "Snoop Dog" Tisvanish. He is Pimp with his fur coat.
that's awesome. and totally pimp.

This is a great army Bilbo! excellent collection. I do like the colours, blue and purple. very nice. Have you thought about adding to this or just continuing the paint job (provided real life isn't as in the way anymore) :)

furrie:

I love all the old school models

BilboBaggins:

great army bilbo  like the mix of old and new  
gronak is a pimp!!!! where is his pimp cane and hat???

Kera foehunter
I never thought about that, I think a walking stick would work. Not sure about the hat, unless I can make it Pimp and Chaos Dwarf at the same time.
that's awesome. and totally pimp.

This is a great army Bilbo! excellent collection.  I do like the colours, blue and purple. very nice. Have you thought about adding to this or just continuing the paint job (provided real life isn't as in the way anymore) :)

Sojourn
I have more models to clean and paint and I will eventually work on this core group again. Maybe I can get the wife to help, that is if she doesn't go nuts painting Lizards when the new book comes out.

Real Life Sucks. :hat

Xander:

Medal awarded. :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

BilboBaggins:

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You.

Time to pull out more models and prepare them for painting.