[Archive] Black_Fortress_Immortal's Death Korps of Krieg

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

As an update, I have 30 Death Riders, a 4-man of Death Rider Command Squadron, and a Death Rider Commander to assemble. Going classic cavalry + infantry heavy, with some siege support. I expect to field over 30 cavalry, and 100 or so infantry with plasma loadout and quartermaster and command squad support for some nasty bayonet action.

boyfights:

Ooh I missed a couple updates, everything looks incredible! The full roster sounds extremely cool too, I don’t have a clue about the 40k meta these days but coming from older editions where cavalry was kinda bad I’m impressed that you’re planning so many :slight_smile: Stylish units roll better than ones with overpowered rules anyway!

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

Ooh I missed a couple updates, everything looks incredible! The full roster sounds extremely cool too, I don't have a clue about the 40k meta these days but coming from older editions where cavalry was kinda bad I'm impressed that you're planning so many :) Stylish units roll better than ones with overpowered rules anyway!

boyfights
The Death Korps cavalry (Death Riders) are tougher, have fnp saves, and more attacks than the other riders of the guard.  You can outflank/deploy on board's edge with multiple units and support for free, so I'm planning on that.  There's a command squad to give +1 attack, and a Death Korps Order to attack upon death... so upon the charge, 10 Riders will be throwing out 31 s5 ap-2 d3 dmg attacks from the riders, and 20 s4 horse kicks.  I think that's not bad for a 160pt unit ;) the plan is to charge them into tanks and heavy shooters to tie them up!