[Archive] Black orks/ Any use?

Schlanger:

Anyone ever used BO? In O&G armies they prove to be pretty useful? what about CD armies?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I find that, in CD armies, they tend to bethere more to make opponents go “Wha???” and then think they’re uber-hard and concentrate on them as much, if not more than other units, which I find better. They’re a bait unit that people don’t ignore… Also, if they do ignore them, they CAN do some damage. I’d give them shields though. 4+AS from shooting is always helpful if you only field 10…

Ancient History:

It’s helpful to remember that they can also carry a magic banner. Putting the Banner of Slavery in a unit of Black Orcs lets you have an all-greenskin flank that won’t crumble immediately when hit and isn’t slowed down by Chaos Dwarfs. Armed to da Teef also has its uses, but that’s usually highly situational.

demonicprince20:

they are a pretty decent unit. i usually find they are to many points even with no animosity and armed to da teef rule

puppet gathering:

i think they are great i always take a unit of 15-20 of them as they are good to take in fire and great to give off alot of potential damage

rabotak:

actually, I don´t think theyre allowed to carry a magic banner…

BOs are great for sucking missile fire as well as building up pressure, a very important issue for cd armies, also thanks to armed to tha teef theyre very versatile… still, thanks to their point cost, i dont use them very much, that

being said theyre pretty much worth their points

Willmark:

While it is true they are expensive, get them into combat and they usually make their points back. Also looking at the list it usually comes down to bolt throwers, black orcs or big uns for me.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

bring those BLorcs no matter what the cost a unit of 20 in my O&G army is always usful(althogh the orcs are slighty different compered to CD:))

Doogle:

Yes and No.

You have to be aggressive with them, and that does not always pay off. While I use them at full command, I find that they are better for supporting their fellow dwarf units. Especially if fighting orcs. Orc army black orcs outclass ours, obviously.

But I would say they are useful, if you have the points. I think it is possible to field a successful army without them however.

Willmark:

I don’t see anyone disputing that. It’s more of case of out of our specials they are a great selection, especially when compared to the others.

Doogle:

I don't see anyone disputing that. It's more of case of out of our specials they are a great selection, especially when compared to the others.

Willmark
I really hope they come out with a new CD special should a new book come out. Thats the only problem I have with this list, is that aside from the Death Rocket and Earth Shakers, there are no CD specials/Rares.

Captain Crayon:

I wish i could comment on their goodness in a Chaos Dwarf army, but my Dwarfies have yet to be assembled let alone see a battle field.

But I am a long time Orc & Goblin player and I never ever leave home without a unit of 20. Preferably 25.

2 units of 25 is even better :slight_smile:

I love my black orcs :slight_smile:

Bloodfire:

I once fielded a small unit of 5 Black Orcs (needed the points) and they performed surprisingly well, taking the charge from a dragonprinces unit whlst still fighting a great eagle. They did die though, but the fact that they held the princes for nearly 4 turns makes me want to use an even bigger unit of them :slight_smile:

Schlanger:

Especially if fighting orcs. Orc army black orcs outclass ours, obviously.

Doogle
MM... Why?

Ancient History:

Black Orc characters. Chaos Dwarfs don’t worry as much about Greenskin infighting as the Orcs & Goblins, but the Black Orc characters are good heroes that can really whip their units into shape if things start to go pear-shaped.

Captain Crayon:

Black Orc characters. Chaos Dwarfs don't worry as much about Greenskin infighting as the Orcs & Goblins, but the Black Orc characters are good heroes that can really whip their units into shape if things start to go pear-shaped.

Ancient History
At the risk of going off topic... there's not really too much you can do these days with animosity in Orcs...

The black orc characters no longer have the tasty quell animosity rule thatr let you re-roll a failed animosity test.

now, if you fail an animosity test and have a black orc character in the unit, he can crack heads to restore order. In which case the unit takes d6 wounds then can act as normal...

I think its wounds... its wounds for a failed waagh roll... maybe it's hits... i dont have the book with me

Doogle:

Especially if fighting orcs. Orc army black orcs outclass ours, obviously.

Doogle
MM... Why?

Schlanger
Banners and characters dude.
Black Orc characters are fantastic, and they can take banners, like Noggs Banner of Butchery, which can turn the tide of an entire battle.

Willmark:

One thing to consider is compared to previous editions of the game Animosity is no where detrimental as it used to be: 3rd edition O&G armies would frequently do nothing but fight, shoot at other “friendly units” and the like.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

At the risk of going off topic... there's not really too much you can do these days with animosity in Orcs...

The black orc characters no longer have the tasty quell animosity rule thatr let you re-roll a failed animosity test.

now, if you fail an animosity test and have a black orc character in the unit, he can crack heads to restore order. In which case the unit takes d6 wounds then can act as normal...

I think its wounds... its wounds for a failed waagh roll... maybe it's hits... i dont have the book with me

Captain Crayon
sorry not trying to go off topic but the rules are D6 strength 5 hit which i dislike can they not kill our own armys:(

Karak:

if we are talking about orcs and goblins, chances are no. Most orcs and goblins armies have a ton of units, and there wont be a black orc in each unit. Also, people tend to put there black orc special characters in black orc units.

I personally would always talk black orcs, but that is becuase i really like the look of them and they are a amazing unit. my only problem is that in every match that I participate in, they die quickly.