[Archive] Blackstone Fortress

zagor66:

:hat:hat off:hat:hat off:hatI believe that on the map of the darklands there is something CD called the blackstone or black fortress , I thought of making it from the warhammer fortress with a mix of babolyonian[spelling?]CD style to it and a massive drill inside to mine the iron.Just a thought.:hat off:hat:hat off:hat:hat off:hat:hat off:hat

Willmark:

Could work. Just make sure you make it “chaos dwarfy”. By that I mean don’t skaven parts or it will look like it belongs to the rats.

zagor66:

:ideaCould you think of some ways to make it look CD , Im going to paint the fortress an obsidan colour , but what symbols?:idea

Canix:

Skulls lightning bolts,arrows and sorcerous runes of demonbinding :hat:hashut

Willmark:

Big skulls are always a winner. Symbols of Hashut will always work as well.

WarplockMonkey:

Various red/orange glowing runes allong the parapets and down the towers

Ishkur Cinderhat:

You could of course use the warhammer fortress and add some parts from the arcane ruins. Black colour should be obligatory.

The Blackstone Fortress is an artifact space station from Battlefleet Gothic BTW - they are the famed Talismans of Vaul.

Willmark:

Various red/orange glowing runes allong the parapets and down the towers

WarplockMonkey
BTW Warplock... your Chuck Norris Mr. T sig almost made me spit out my Mt Dew on my computer screen the first time I saw it, too funny

WarplockMonkey:

BTW Warplock... your Chuck Norris Mr. T sig almost made me spit out my Mt Dew on my computer screen the first time I saw it, too funny

Wilmark
I aim to please :P

Willmark:

I was aiming too, just aiming to avoid my screen, just got this flat panel damn it!

Canix:

Bighat shaped towers and castlations:D

Kera foehunter:

With fortress i put shard of obsidan around it. Now the cool part (you can break old compack disk to make the shards and put them in layer and glue then together) this is to give it a CD looking terrain around the fortress

Ishkur Cinderhat:

But you paint the CDs right? If you leave them unpainted they are not going to look like black obsidian. On the other hand, if you paint them anyway, why bother breaking CDs? You could use plasticard just as well.

Grimstonefire:

Would the drill be a stand alone terrain piece?

Hmm… reminds me of something like that one on Matrix Revolutions… :slight_smile:

zagor66:

Yes the drill would be a stand alone piece , I dont want to connect it to the fortress with glue , actually got the idea of the drill from Maximo.

Malificant:

for obsidian chunks, i found a cool method. you can go to an arts and crafts store and get these blocky chunks of glass that people use for decorating. they have one flat edge, and the rest are rounded, and all in different irregular shapes and sizes. they look awesome. one guy in my group is using it on his ogres.

Kera foehunter:

Thats a cool idea Malificant

Willmark:

Not sure if they would make a big chaos dwarfy drill when you can order hundreds of thousands of slaves to do it!

WarplockMonkey:

Ah wilmark, you fail to think like a chaos dwarf

Get the slaves to work the drill! Hamster like!

Saves money on expensive daemon engines

Kera foehunter:

I think the conon slave wheel drill be cool .Lot of slave pushing the big wheel