[Archive] [Blog] Chaos (Dwarf) Army *DO done*

Canix:

Lovely stuff those dragon ogres are way cool:hat off

Ghrask Dragh:

I have an ogre kingdoms army (yours are one of the best uses of the models I’ve seen by the way) and would love to know what colours you used for the skin?

:hat off excellent mini’s!

Bjorni:

My way of doing Ogre skin is dead easy.

Basecoat Khemri Brown (used to be Graveyard Earth, but Khemri covers WAY beter and is the same colour). cover 100%, do not leave black as a shading coulour.

Mix some Elf Flesh in with Graveyard Earth for a 80% layer, the 20% you’re not painting is the deep shade inbetween the fat/muscles.

Work your way up from there with more Elf Flesh in the mix for each step.

I did an OK army as well, pics are here.

Thanks,

Bjorn

Merchant:

Hi there mate :slight_smile:

Now when I was able to see all your great conversion, I have to say that you inspired me to take up my long lost passion for the Hordes (mortals) of Chaos - and put some time back into my old army.

- How did you converted you Chariot…? I really like the cross-work you have done, by using the Hellcanon and the pegasus as steeds. But the horns on the steeds, are their converted or from another figure…?

- I do need ask… the dragon ogres based on the Khorne Hero/Lord’s horse - I hope it is okay that I “steal” your idea :slight_smile: of course with all respect and thanks to come :cheers

Cheers mate :cheers

And keep up the great work, I cannot waite to see more :hat off

Willmark:

You might be waiting a while Bjorni hasn’t been on the site in a while. Plus his account is now unregistered from the great December07/January08 outage…

Merchant:

You might be waiting a while Bjorni hasn't been on the site in a while. Plus his account is now unregistered from the great December07/January08 outage...

Willmark
:o d'oh... ohh well, no one knows why???

Willmark:

Nope, not that I’m aware of. People come and go. Such is the nature of the web.

Bjorni:

Funny, I seem to be 2 persons now… :wink:

Good to see this place is still going, I stopped checking regularly because of the tech problems.

Personally I’m done with the CD army for now, with the stagnant list any though or discussion is just a rehash of 5-6 years ago.

I’m still looking at the evil stuntie army project and it has just moved up on my list.

Like Willmark said, people come and go, I took a hobby break of about half a year after I left GW, and have only been painting/playing again since Feb. Big motivation was that a couple of friends got me to join them to Full Tilt, the event I took 5th in last year with the CD. This year I finished some new Lizzie stuff and won it! Then we did the big Dutch team event and won that as well!

So now I’ve done some more Tzeentch Daemons and just got back from the Dutch GT, awesome weekend and another 1st place.

Done with competetive WFB for the forseeable future and I was thinking of picking up my converted Dwarf army again. So I came looking for conversion idea’s. I’ll drop in from time to time, so any Q’s just shoot.

@Merchant: there’s no “stealing” of idea’s it’s called inspiration. The horns on the horses are from the Chaos Warrior Champion helmet.

Merchant:

Funny, I seem to be 2 persons now.... ;)

Good to see this place is still going, I stopped checking regularly because of the tech problems.

Personally I'm done with the CD army for now, with the stagnant list any though or discussion is just a rehash of 5-6 years ago.

I'm still looking at the evil stuntie army project and it has just moved up on my list.

Like Willmark said, people come and go, I took a hobby break of about half a year after I left GW, and have only been painting/playing again since Feb. Big motivation was that a couple of friends got me to join them to Full Tilt, the event I took 5th in last year with the CD. This year I finished some new Lizzie stuff and won it! Then we did the big Dutch team event and won that as well!

So now I've done some more Tzeentch Daemons and just got back from the Dutch GT, awesome weekend and another 1st place.

Done with competetive WFB for the forseeable future and I was thinking of picking up my converted Dwarf army again. So I came looking for conversion idea's. I'll drop in from time to time, so any Q's just shoot.

@Merchant: there's no "stealing" of idea's it's called inspiration. The horns on the horses are from the Chaos Warrior Champion helmet.

Bjorni
Okay cool to hear from you mate :)
And thanks for the Inspiration then, but I'll have to hear if it was okay before I did anything - ohh and thanks for the help with the horns too.
:hat off :cheers

Obsidian:

Heya Bjorn! Did Willem not give you my phonenumber?!:stuck_out_tongue: (It’s me, Tim from GW Amsterdam;) )

Still have those spare bitz for me mate? :cheers:

Bjorni:

Yep, I have a bag sitting right here. I think Corneel gave me your number which I promptly lost 2 days after when I cleaned up the memory in my phone.

Are you going to be anywhere near GW Rotterdam soon, I cold drop it there for you?

Otherwise just PM me.

Merchant, happy to be of service.

Obsidian:

Cool, much apreciated Bjorn!:hat off I’ll send you a PM soon…

Willmark:

Welcome back Bjorni. Sorry about the unregistration state. We put in a plugin to deal with spam but didnt fully consider the ramifications as to what the plugi would do.

Again-glad to have you back.

Bjorni:

I now have the mounted Sorcerer and Archie on foot on my desk, I'm trying to get 1 done before I leave for vacation Sunday afternoon.

Bjorni
Thread-O-Mancy!

I saw that remark and I actually have finished Archi, but the new book got me using him as a Exalted on Disc.

The Sorcerer is also long done, but never immortalized with a picture.

Border Reiver:

Looked at the thread and am really impressed with the dragon ogre conversions, and the overall look and feel of your army - very cohesive.

And your reds are extremely smooth, this impresses me, because my own reds are rarely that smooth…

Kera foehunter:

that great !! i like the paint job the rock is cool

Stubbs:

Hey there man I saw your army and your work is really clean and shiny! I absolutely adore the way you paint and wish I could paint just as well :stuck_out_tongue: please get in the mood again to do some more work can’t wait haha

black hammer:

I also like the paint job. The sceme is totally cool and original.

Abecedar:

Absolutely beautiful. Like many others, I wish I could paint and re-model that well. Inspiring work, thanks for showing it.

Fequiil:

awesome chariot!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.