[Archive] [blog] My biggest project to date

Ghrask Dragh:

This is going to be one of my entries for Golden Demon next year, I thought it would be good to make a blog as I progress to get some real time feedback from people such as yourselves. I have done nothing on this sort of scale before so I don’t really know what to expect.

The plan is create a Giant for my Night Goblin army using this guy…

I have a few ideas, I was thinking of making a sort of platform on his shoulders and converting a couple of Gnoblars to NG’s, the one with a telescope and the ‘look-out-below’ gnoblar from the standard bearer in particular, any other ideas for Goblins that might look good up there please just let me know. There will be some more trophies added here and there and one of the old Marauder giantslayers will be on the base. These are only the ideas I have decided to use, I have a few more which I am not too sure about yet.

So, look out for updates soon and feel free to post any ideas of your own! :cheers

(200th post :))

Willmark:

Sounds good, but shouldn’t this be in the army blog section or showcase forum?

Ghrask Dragh:

Fair comment, Wallacer asked the same thing not too long ago…

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6600

Said my bit on there.

Willmark:

Personally I have no problem with a giant as I (and many others have stated) CDs should have a slave giant opinion as a rare choice.

Tallhat:

Who would ever want to use that? Giants are not really that effective.

- Tallhat

zagor66:

Is that model from the forge world line?

Willmark:

No. Its the new GW plastic giant kit.

Tallhat- Giants might not be the most effective but are sure bets to attract inordinate amounts of your opponents spells and artillery.

zagor66:

No. Its the new GW plastic giant kit.

Tallhat- Giants might not be the most effective but are sure bets to attract inordinate amounts of your opponents spells and artillery.

Willmark
:oIm sure its from forge world because Ive seen the GW giant and thats not it:hat off

cornixt:

The forge world one isn’t plastic. The GW plastic one has a billion options so you probably saw one with a different range of options used on it.

zagor66:

But , but , but I saw that one just now on forge world.

Pyro Stick:

Post the link to it then.

So are you thinking of making a giant with a platform on it like the forge world war mammoth?

Canix:

That wouldlook cool you could put a swivel gun in the howdah:hat

wallacer:

Pyro Stick
Mighty Hashut, hear the words of your follower Pyro Stick....

http://tinyurl.com/76m3z

zagor66:

So are you thinking of making a giant with a platform on it like the forge world war mammoth?

Pyro Stick
Not entirely sure how to do it , just go to forge world and look at warhammer monsters and there it is:hat off

Pyro Stick:

It does actually look very similar.

Ghrask Dragh:

But , but , but I saw that one just now on forge world.
I havn't laughed that much in a while! :)
It is the Forgeworld model...
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/giant.htm
I got it GamesDay this year.
And just so you have some idea of the size of this thing...

Pyro Stick:

Wow. That is Massive. Why are you converting it if it costs �85?

zagor66:

Now thats truly a sky titan!!

Canix:

Thats taller than Tallhats hat,�85 thats alot for a model you may not be able to use:o

Ghrask Dragh:

Wow. That is Massive. Why are you converting it if it costs �85?
I can't resist! I wouldn't feel right just painting it normally because I spent so much money on it, it just means I have to be very carefull :)
I feel confident enough to re-sculpt anything I might break anyway, though I'm not really worried about that much.
That wouldlook cool you could put a swivel gun in the howdah
Yes to both! it won't be as elaborate as the Chaos Mammoth, it is supposed to be made by goblins after all, but will be much the same idea. I would like to build something that lifts off so I can replace it every now and again with some mounted swivel guns and flame throwers for a Chaos Dwarf Kollosus! but thats just wishfull thinking really!
Thats taller than Tallhats hat,�85 thats alot for a model you may not be able to use
Why would I not be able to use it?