[Archive] Blood of Hashut

KramDratta:

Anyone using this? On paper, it looks like a great way of taking care of heavilly armed characters (Vampires, Bretts, Warriors, Dwarfs). They can’t take many hits with no armour save.

However I’m finding it difficult to use in practise. Since the attack replaces the normal attacks, I’m assuming that it occurs at Initiative 2. If you are in B2B contact with a character from any of the above, it will be difficult to survive the initial attacks in order to throw the flask.

Or am I missing something?

wamphyri101:

I used it last night to take out a pesky chaos chariot. 20pts vs 120, I take that as a good trade.

TBH 20pts to be able to make a dent in anything with lots of armour is pretty much worth while.

Imagine a pendent dreadlords face when you throw it in his face!

Zuh-Khinie:

I killed a warrior priest lord (what are they called again?) riding a waraltar in a challenge with my blood of hashut… best spent 20pts EVER! :slight_smile:

gIL^:

I killed a tooled up vampire lord in a challenge. Combined with a 2+ and a 4+ ward with magic i think we have one of the best lords in the game.

The blood is very hitty.

Pentadude:

I survived a Chaos Lord’s attack by taking two wounds. I was very excited to try it out for the first time when I realized I wasn’t in a challenge and the Chosen surrounding him directed their attacks and killed my Sorcerer before he had a chance to use it :confused: Dumb mistake on my part.

wamphyri101:

I survived a Chaos Lord's attack by taking two wounds. I was very excited to try it out for the first time when I realized I wasn't in a challenge and the Chosen surrounding him directed their attacks and killed my Sorcerer before he had a chance to use it :/ Dumb mistake on my part.

Pentadude
was anyone in a challenge? Woc Characters have to issue a challenge if they can

Pentadude:

was anyone in a challenge? Woc Characters have to issue a challenge if they can

wamphyri101
Maybe, I can't remember. That's good to know though, if I ever face them again in the future. Is it a mark that forces them to challenge, or an overall army special rule?

Thommy H:

It’s army-wide - they always issue a challenge in their turn, and if their opponent chooses not to in theirs, they have to issue one anyway. So if there wasn’t a challenge, there should have at least been a unit champion cowering at the back of the formation for a bit.

Since I play Khorne Warriors, Bretonnians and my Vampire Lord is a Dread Knight, I generally assume there’s going to be challenges in pretty much every combat when I play Warhammer.

The Odor:

Pentadude: Armywide. Even on mages.
Ninja’d

delivern:

I killed a Brettonian BSB mounted with a great weapon in a challenge. If you’re going to use it, make sure you have a good ward save (4+) and also give him the tricksters shard. Unless you roll terribly on the D6 wounds, you can kill most characters.

Very worthwhile if your Sorceror-Lord is in a combat block.

KramDratta:

Hmmm… interesting combining the Blood of Hashut & the Other Trickster’s Shard.

MLP:

However I'm finding it difficult to use in practise. Since the attack replaces the normal attacks, I'm assuming that it occurs at Initiative 2. If you are in B2B contact with a character from any of the above, it will be difficult to  survive the initial attacks in order to throw the flask.

Or am I missing something?

KramDratta
How about using it with the Potion of speed? For 5 pts it'll only bring you up to initiative five but that could be enough against some opponents. Especially if combined with another item or spell increasing your I. It may seem a lot of effort but you can potentially take out the enemy general/bsb without much risk to yourself then.

The Charioteer:

Hmmm... interesting combining the Blood of Hashut & the Other Trickster's Shard.

KramDratta
Its in my first ever list, saw the potential, awesome stuff.

hobomcg:

HUGE problem with BoH is… Flaming attacks.

Imagine the look on the dreadlord’s face when instead of his pendant, he uses his dragon helm.

The problem is that its so easy to get a 2++ save against flaming that it becomes pointless against most characters.

The Charioteer:

HUGE problem with BoH is.... Flaming attacks.

Imagine the look on the dreadlord's face when instead of his pendant, he uses his dragon helm.

The problem is that its so easy to get a 2++ save against flaming that it becomes pointless against most characters.

hobomcg
They would have to re-roll that if you take the other tricksters shard, but yeah that screws it up a bit.x.x

Hashutcopper:

Good for cooking empire generals and their knights faces off