[Archive] Bloodbowl Legendary Edition

KramDratta:

Hello,

Just wanted to check wheter anyone here can confirm or deny this. It seems that they will be releasing a new version/upgrade of the bloodbowl game with 20 more races (out of the 21 available).

Henroth:

Indeed ? No Chaos Dwarfs ??

Bad, very bad.

Servius:

That was the addition i was waiting for… kinda sad seeing the GW still sells the team on their site… I think that a Game based on the board game should have all the teams available for the board game… Im content to keep playing locally and with the Java BB Client for eternity

Fallen246:

Haha, see, this is what I’ve seen:

Originally, Bloodbowl was scheduled to be released with eight races. Then, as a surprise, it allowed the download of Dark Elves as well, so it had nine. Now that they have announced another twelve, that “implies” it will be all twenty-one races.

So looks like Chaos Dwarves will be in, but not Slann, Underworld and Chaos Pact from the “original” original game. They aren’t Living RuleBook, so they are dropped.

KramDratta:

Haha, see, this is what I've seen:

Originally, Bloodbowl was scheduled to be released with eight races. Then, as a surprise, it allowed the download of Dark Elves as well, so it had nine. Now that they have announced another twelve, that "implies" it will be all twenty-one races.

So looks like Chaos Dwarves will be in, but not Slann, Underworld and Chaos Pact from the "original" original game. They aren't Living RuleBook, so they are dropped.

Fallen246
Great news!! I was disappointed at the news, and to be honest I thought that this meant that GW was removing every trace of Chaos Dwarfs from its product line. Good thing that I was wrong.

Cheers

Servius:

read their post on the forum… the new version isnt an expansion… its a new game… as the original was basically a beta they made you pay for… they have said that CD are not going to be in it specifically as they are including DE as one of the new twelve being “added”.

Fallen246:

read their post on the forum.. the new version isnt an expansion... its a new game.. as the original was basically a beta they made you pay for... they have said that CD are not going to be in it specifically as they are including DE as one of the new twelve being "added".

Servius
WHAT?!!! They want me to pay for the same game twice?

EDIT: Alright, here is the most "confirmed" info given I could find:
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition is the ultimate Blood Bowl edition! 12 new playable races join the 8 races already available in the 2009 edition. Blood Bowl fans will thus find all their favourite races from the original board game. Undeads, Amazons, Ogres and 9 other races enter Blood Bowl's tournaments.
This here implies that there will be 12 new races, but not if one of the new races are Dark Elves or not.

Then there's this:
All 20 races have their personal style, tactics and unique skills which give each game a diversity rarely seen in a strategy game.
Appears my interpretation was wrong. There will be twenty though, according to the information on the website and such.

BLOOD AXE:

Whens it released? I never even saw the BB game in stores.

frogbear:

Haha, see, this is what I've seen:

Originally, Bloodbowl was scheduled to be released with eight races. Then, as a surprise, it allowed the download of Dark Elves as well, so it had nine. Now that they have announced another twelve, that "implies" it will be all twenty-one races.

So looks like Chaos Dwarves will be in, but not Slann, Underworld and Chaos Pact from the "original" original game. They aren't Living RuleBook, so they are dropped.

Fallen246
This is what I gather from the different forums:

1. Legendary Edition will be moving to the V6.0 rules (rather than LRB5 as first released). Hence the new game thought.

2. GW want to do away with the CD race - hence they have not been included - this goes against other talk on this site..

3. 2011 there is a rumoured talk of a further release (missing 4 races) - unlikley yet still talked about

Please do not shoot the messenger - it is what I gathered from the talkfantasyfootball site which I have been a member now for quite a while

Cheers....

frogbear:

Whens it released? I never even saw the BB game in stores.

BLOOD AXE
end 2010. Download only probably

KramDratta:

frogbear
2. GW want to do away with the CD race - hence they have not been included - this goes against other talk on this site..

Fallen246
To be honest, this worries me .. a lot, especially with 8th edition around the corner.