[Archive] Blue armour like in warhammer online

Dino:

I’m trying to paint my tzeentchen chaos warriors like they look in Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. So basicly like this.

Any help with how to figure how to pull it of will be greatly appreaciated.

furrie:

I would say chainmail with something like shadow grey drybrush or something like that.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

How about mithril silver with a blue wash (the new foundation one)?

Khan!:

Yeah I would suggest doing whatever metal scheme you like, and giving it a really thin blue wash. Like, boltgun metal + mithril highlights + blue wash (thin). And then maybe a second mithril highlight when the wash is dry.

Or you could try doing a NMM from a blue base? I’m not a NMM expert at all but I betcha it could be done.

two_heads_talking:

the easy way would be to boltgun metal with chainmail and mithril hightlights… then add a very thin mixture of blue wash… until it gets the right effect.

the hard way is NMM and that’s also the most headache too… good luck

Dino:

Thx for the help guys. I’m gonna try a few more things before I make a final design but here’s what I came up with today.

I don’t think i’m even close to what i’m looking for but i’d like some feed back.

Willmark:

Actually you are close from the look of it. Did you use blue wash on these guys?

minty:

A badab black wash over that too darken it, and you have he perfect colur:)

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

wow

i want to paint my tzeentch army like that but i think i like it to be lighter:hat off

Dino:

Thx for the input guys. Here are more updated pics of the test guys.

I think the top two are pretty close bur I like the look of the bottom two. I’m gonna highlight the bottom two with regal blue and mithril silver and see how it turns out.

Dino:

Quick update.

One or two more lighter highlights and they should be their.

Khan!:

Yeah I think they definitely need a metal highlight. They are very blue indeed! That’s not a criticism - my cw are blue. But I definitely vote highlight.

wallacer:

I would mix Shadow grey and chainmail for the base colour, then glaze with watered down Tamiya clear blue (or maybe a GW blue ink).

Then highlight with chainmail and another blue glaze over the top.

Dino:

My final update becouse I finally got it.

Now all I have to do is mix up the proper shades of regal blue and mithril silver then i’ll be on my marry way.

Thx for all your help evreyone.

furrie:

if you can tell us what you have done exactly, then we can copie it in about 3 weeks on the knights in the spearhead box :stuck_out_tongue:

Swissdictator:

I did something very similar for my Nurgle Warriors… though I used a water down green for the armor… and for the shields I used… flesh wash? It worked out very well over a base coat of boltgun and a hightlight of mithril silver.

I’m liking it, and if that’s the new washes… I don’t feel so bad about the drop of the old ones! Very nicely done.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

cool they look so shiny and chosen :slight_smile:

Dino:

@furrie: Thx. Here’s the basic plan of what I did: Basecoat was boltgun metal, Two washes of a Blue ink, Regal blue, and water, them two highlight of regal blue and mithril silver with the last being very silvery than the first.

@Swissdictator: I didn’t use the new washes at all.

@Godbob:Thx.

Kera foehunter:

dino i would dry brush over the blue with a dark grey then black ink it or washes in black

to give it a more dengy blue armmor

that’s omost Dark elf purple

slev:

Well, I’m a bit late to the show on this one, but I’ve done coloured Chaos Armour for various powers over the years.

My recommendation is this:

Heavy drybrush of Tin Bitz

Medium drybrush of Boltgun Metal

Light drybrush of Chainmail

minimal drybrush of Mithril Silver

Then, glaze.

To glaze, you paint on a very thin coat of ink. For the blue armour, you’d use Sky Blue Ink.

This will give you something similar to what you already have, but be much much quicker.