[Archive] Blue Table Painting wants to make YOUR Chaos Dwarf army:

Xander:

Picture: a model NOT painted by BTP, but by "snotling". See the rest of the army here.

I found this great Chaos Dwarf site and came away completely inspired. This post is to pitch the idea of making a commissioned chaos dwarf army.

I've always been a fan of Chaos Dwarfs, a warhammer fantasy army that is little-seen and insanely hard to create.

The original pewter models are discontinued. You can't even get them via bitz order. They are gone, gone. Even very rare to see them on eBay. But there are a few devout who will create them from scratch, sculpting and base plastics. This is the way I would do them. I've got a few guys on staff that are perfectly capable of doing the needed sculpting.

BTP
More info: http://bluetablepainting.blogspot.com/2008/10/fire-hate-and-darkness.html

Pretty sweet post! This is exactly why I made the gallery. To inspire onlookers that the cause of Hashut is a righteous one! :D

Thommy H:

This project is not likely to be less than $2000-3000 for everything included.
I'm pretty sure I could just buy all the models floating around on ebay if I had that kind of money...

Still, it'll be interesting to see the results if anyone takes them up on the offer.

wallacer:

Not often you see “Hashut” and “Righteous” in the same sentence.

Cool post though. Nice to know we’re having an impact.

Grimstonefire:

Their previous Chaos Dwarf army is pretty cool

http://www.bluetablepainting.com/view_gallery.php?galleryID=941

I think I remember seeing a picture of the flaming taurus on bugmans before painting. It looked like it was floating on broccoli! :slight_smile:

wallacer:

Nice link Grim. Don’t think i’ve seen that army before.

It will be interesting to see if anyone does take them up their offer. I guess it depends on whether or not anyone has a spare 2-3k lying around.

Alric:

Those warmachine conversions are inspiring, lots of cool ideas there.

two_heads_talking:

This project is not likely to be less than $2000-3000 for everything included.
I'm pretty sure I could just buy all the models floating around on ebay if I had that kind of money...

Still, it'll be interesting to see the results if anyone takes them up on the offer.

Thommy H
Inspired conversion or not, I'd buy a motorcycle with that kind of money.. Of course, I'd pay some bills first and then if there was any left over..

If someone has 2k lieing around for something like that, I'd ask them to first consider helping a fellow CDO member put food on the table and keep his water running... *.....*

Bassman:

Maybe I did not understand something:

they claim to be able to create an high quality Chaos Dwarf army to the level of Snotling one (one of the best I’ve ever seen) asking 2000-3000 $ without showing any miniature?

Looking their Chaos Dwarfs they’d probably have no problem to create a very good army but befoer asking 3000 $ I’d prepare a couple of samples, converted and painted and THEN I’d ask money!

I dunno if Snotling mind but I’d never use another person’s work as a sample of what I’m able to do, even tough the were honest to tell that is not their work.

I do not intend to be over critic, I’m just saying that it is weirdo, IMO. :):slight_smile:

Hazkar:

cool that they like the site

2000-3000 dollar for an army?wow,thats a lot of money…

they should do it like they did it with some of their studio armies:do it,show it on their site and on youtube and then sell it if someone is interested

so you can see if its all that money worth

Kera foehunter:

that is a cool site but like Hazkar said kinda high price

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’ll just stick to converting my own pieces.

Loki:

As tommy said for that money you could buy all of the chaos dwarfs of ebay even at there buy it now prices, and after looking at there work they are not even in the same league as snotling’s painting and converting , i think that i would be a huge risk to do this but you never know there are always people out there with more money than sense

Scion:

Anyway I don’t think someones army is their own unless it contains the owners sweat and blood :)!

Zanko:

Anyway I don't think someones army is their own unless it contains the owners sweat and blood :)!

Scion
I agree! ;)

If I haven't paint and convert it for myself, it's not my own!

... and IMO they are too expensive!

:hashut

cornixt:

No one is going to part with that amount of money without seeing at least a few models of each type.

Baggronor:

lol I’d do it for less, and throw in a few scratch builds too.

Thorne:

Anyway I don't think someones army is their own unless it contains the owners sweat and blood :)!

Scion
I agree! ;)

If I haven't paint and convert it for myself, it's not my own!

... and IMO they are too expensive!

:hashut

Zanko
Damn nasty expensive id stick to making my own. That way I at least know how to make more and muster greater numbers for less thanyouraverage plasma screan TV

mattbird:

I dunno if Snotling mind but I'd never use another person's work as a sample of what I'm able to do, even tough the were honest to tell that is not their work.

I do not intend to be over critic, I'm just saying that it is weirdo, IMO. :):)

Bassman
They are using his army as advertising without compensation. I'd send a CaD if I were snotling, but that's me...

wallacer:

I know a few people who could do a comparable job to them for a lot less money than they’re asking. Still, hopefully someone will take them up on their offer just so we can see what they come up with.