[Archive] blunderblusses

ChaosStunty:

Ummm…

for the thunderer-blunderbuss conversions with the shield, do you

us the shields that come with the thunderers or other sheilds.

Thommy H:

The ones that come with the thunderers are exactly the right size to use, so I’d go with them if I were you.

ChaosStunty:

Thank you for the answer Thommy

cornixt:

They are the ones I used for the one on my avatar

torn:

dot make the mistake i made though, and leave enough room to fit the amrs in when you put the beard on. im having to green stuff armour over the shoulder joints to cover the gap i left by not pressing the arms into the wet beard to leave them somewhere to fit. thats how i did it with my warriors shields, made it easier to glue as well.

AGPO:

I sculpt the beard while the GS is still relatively soft, then glue the arms straight on, this makes it look as if the beard is pressed in by the arms held close to the body

Dracomancer:

I sculpt the beard while the GS is still relatively soft, then glue the arms straight on, this makes it look as if the beard is pressed in by the arms held close to the body

AGPO
I tend to do something like that, only without using any glue; by pressing the arms against the beard (just make sure that the arms don't cause the GS to stick to them and tear off or anything, brushing water onto the arms helps with this) then moving them away I am able to see where the arms would go on the beard and am able to make sure the GS work on that area is relatively thin, keeping the model's arms in the right place once its all glued together.