[Archive] Blunderbuss conversion idea

BLOOD AXE:

Greetings Evil kin! :slight_smile:

I was experimenting a little the other day, thinking of converting “regular” Dwarf Thunderers into Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses.

1) Take the Dwarf handgun & the Thunderer buckler(small shield).

2) Trim the rune off the buckler a little to make a smooth surface.

3) Glue the flat end to the barrel of the handgun.

4) Put a small amount of greenstuff under the bucker & smoothe the gun barrel into a cone shape.

The concave/inside of the buckler makes a great blunderbuss barrel. It also keeps all your guns to a uniform shape. Looks pretty good painted up. Unfortunately I don’t have a digital camera right now. But its simple, try it yourself!

Cheers!

:cheers

catbarf:

This is what 95% of the forum members here do :slight_smile:

wallacer:

The ends of horns or trumpets make good blunderbuss muzzles also.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Of course it’s a brilliant idea to make good use of all the parts in the thunderers box - and I am quite happy to have done just that when I made my Blunderbussiers…

Kera foehunter:

wow i didn’t think of using the small shield thanks for the idea blood axe and thanks for the picture Ishkur

cornixt:

Have a look at the wiki here: [[Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss Conversions]]

Xander:

Great minds think alike! Welcome to Chaos Dwarfs Online! :wink:

BLOOD AXE:

Ok, well I didnt know it was an old idea. I am new to CD, but not Dwarves.

Ishkur-How did you make those big hats(helmets)?? FANTASTIC!!!

My converting/sculpting skills are limited. I gotta look around and find some ideas on my skill level.

Servant of Chaos:

I have an idea that I’m using for my Cd blunderbusses. It’s a little unconventional, and I’ve never seen it done before, but I noticed that the quarreler hafts without the crosspiece bow looks superisingly like a shotgun. Making the connection, I’m using just the hafts of the crossbows with an ammo cartridge in the top. It is pretty easy to do, and it looks good too.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I have an idea that I'm using for my Cd blunderbusses. It's a little unconventional, and I've never seen it done before, but I noticed that the quarreler hafts without the crosspiece bow looks superisingly like a shotgun. Making the connection, I'm using just the hafts of the crossbows with an ammo cartridge in the top. It is pretty easy to do, and it looks good too.

Servant of Chaos
Show pictures at once, slave!

BLOOD AXE:

Wow. ISHKUR. I gotta check your posts on making castings.

Servant of Chaos:

Sorry Ishkur, my camera currently isn’t working, so I won’t be able to post pictures until at least tomarrow. Hopefully I can get it working soon enough to get some good pics on here!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Yeah threaten your camera to throw it into a pit of molten iron, that always works.

Grimstonefire:

I’m still not sure on how to do the end of my blunderbusses, but the guns will be based on an M79 Grenade Launcher.��

Think I’ve already welcomed you, but welcome.

Beer for BA :cheers

Servant of Chaos:

Wow, I realize im probably the only person stupid enough to have to ask this, but I can’t figure out how to post a picture from my pics file. So before I can show you my pics, how do I input these pictures into my post.

Grimstonefire:

You can attach a file (via the full reply, not quick reply), or you can post it in image tags if its on photobucket etc

Servant of Chaos:

Ok, thanks Grimstone.

Here are my pics, enjoy.

[attachment=266]

As you can see I had to cut into the barrel and insert the ammo cartridge. But other than that there is very little work involved.

[attachment=267]

This is one that is reloading. I don’t have a base for him yet.

Canix:

@servent of chaos They look good mate a bit like the m79 grim refers to :hat off i like there helmet look just get those beards done:D

Servant of Chaos:

Thanks I realized after I glued the arms on that sculpting the beards is going to be really difficult. I have to manuver the gs under the gun and sculpt from their. It would have been much easier for me to sculpt the beards first. Ah well…

Kera foehunter:

Well here one you can do (shot gun ) if you get some 1/16 tubbing . cut them to length of the cross bow glue them side by side .makes the old type of double barrow shot gun !!!

and of course i stoled this idea form another pirate.