[Archive] Blunderbuss Crew Finally Finished!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi gang!

Just finished this Blunderbuss Crew. Hope you like it!

This is the first group of 10 Blunderbuss Units that I finished painting. All of these warriors were converted from the Battle of Skull Pass Dwarf Thunderers (Good Guys) into Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss Warriors (Bad Guys). I replaced their viking helmets with tall hats made from thumb tacks and changed their pistols into blunderbusses by glueing Dwarf Ranger shields onto the ends of their muskets.

The Command Group of three. The Musician, General and Standard Bearer. I haven’t created a standard for this group yet. The Musician’s instrument has been changed using a Chaos Warrior’s horn and the Champion’s second pistol hand has been replaced with a steel skeletal hand from a Tomb King. The Standardbearer also has a new flagpole, but I have yet to create a banner for him. (The last step) The flagbearer is also painted in a cammaflague colour scheme that I decided against painting the other warriors.

The champion of the group. The ram’s head on his tall hat is an optional skull from the Tomb Kings Army. The kit supplied figure has a pistol in each hand, but since the Blunderbuss is suppose to be a larger gun, I decided to remove the gun in his extended arm and replace it with a chrome skeletal hand taken from a Tomb King warrior kit.

A shot of the group from an angle. Note the backdrop. The Chaos Dwarfs are suppose to live in a Volcano land. For the photograph, I used the terrain I built for a Dwarf Mine with a flurescent orange piece of paper as a backdrop.

Anyway, these figures are tiny and that makes painting a little more difficult. ThanX for looking and I hope you enjoy!:wave:

P.S. Here’s the kit supplied crew of Thunderers for a comparison so you can see the conversion work I did on these Blunderbuss Crew. (I also painted these guys.)

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Here’s the entire group with the new Standard.

It’s a hand painted Goblin banner top that was drilled out in the back to accept the 1/16" Diameter Iron rod “Flag Pole”.

Symbolically, on this two colour fabric banner (It’s sewn together down the middle) is the image of Hashut, the Chaos Dwarf Bull God, with lightning bolts coming out from his nose. The lightning is touching the fire exiting the two crossed Blunderbuss rifles, thus blessing the guns with all the powerfull forces from Hashut himself.

The white dots and yellow slashed denote the unit.

Some of the boys in action!

Kera foehunter:

I love the iron fist on the now that a cool detail !! Mr T

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX Kera! If you like this, you should see what I’m going to enter for GH 11. I’m going to try and raise the bar on myself.

Kera foehunter:

well i could of raised the bar !! but my cd bartender idea was shot down badly for the gh11

so are all your units of blunderbusses is going to be green?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yes, I want to keep some consistency amongst units.

Loki:

Great work on the blunderbuss :slight_smile: the army is really coming together now, how many more units do you think you will do of them ?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I have two other units to do. One is 10 Thunderers from BFSP and the other is 16 from the Thunderers set.

That will give me 36 in total which could make each unit 12 strong. Should be deadly if I marched them all together.