[Archive] Blunderbuss query

Fist of Nurgle:

Has anyone done a blunderbuss barrel conversion on Thunderers that doesn’t involve green stuff? I have no desire to sculpt 20 cone-shaped muzzles… Also, I take a very “out of the box” approach to army themes and such…are there any rebels on this site who have pushed the envelope a bit? For instance…does everyone toe the line with braided beards and scale mail?

Just curious…

JCC

Ghrask Dragh:

I think real life blunderbuss don’t have coned barrels (I think?) at least not all of them!

does everyone toe the line with braided beards and scale mail?
:slight_smile:

Take a look at Bjorni’s Army…

Bjorni's Chaos Dwarf Army - Chaos Dwarfs Online

And Kris Aubins…

Kris Aubin's Chaos Dwarf Army - Chaos Dwarfs Online

Some of the best Armies on the site!

Thommy H:

Has anyone done a blunderbuss barrel conversion on Thunderers that doesn't involve green stuff?

My blunderbusses. No green stuff whatsoever.

catbarf:

Blunderbusses in real life used the flare to aid in pouring the ammo (small pellets) down the barrel without spilling it all over.

The easiest way to make them is to take the bucklers (small shields) from the Thunderers sprue and attach those to the ends of the guns.

Fist of Nurgle:

The easiest way to make them is to take the bucklers (small shields) from the Thunderers sprue and attach those to the ends of the guns.

catbarf
Good idea...I will check on that.��Thommy H, what did you use?

Thommy H:

Exactly what catbarf said. They’re just thunderers with the runes filed off (and the dangly ones on the beards clipped into triangles like the Hellcannon crewman’s) and bucklers stuck on the end of their guns (you’ll need to file the runes off them).

Really simple, and they fit fine with the rest of my army - especially now they’re all based the same way.

cornixt:

I only used a tiny amount of greenstuff on the end of the barrel with the buckler and I think it improves it a lot. I’m useless with greenstuff in general and even I could do it. My Dwarf conversions nearly all have the ordinary beards and armour, not everybody converts them.

Fist of Nurgle:

Thanks guys. I finished converting and priming the first of my “Samurai” Chaos Dwarfs. It’s going to be a LONG process…

Willmark:

"Samurai" Chaos Dwarfs.

Fist of Nurgle
Ya know when I woke up this morning, that was probably the furthest image from my mind in regards to Chaos Stunties! :)