[Archive] Bolt thowers

Kera foehunter:

I was thinking how come there are not cd bolthowers?

i see the hobgobilns use one in are army (that they built)

do you think if the cd had one that it would be better?

or why we didn’t build them one:hat off

furrie:

a bolt thrower is to primitive for us chaos dwarfs

Baggronor:

They should be CD bolt throwers really I think. A CD engineer with Hobgob assistants, crewing a possesed Bolt Thrower would be cool.

Kera foehunter:

well i think a more heavy bolt thower! not something with cart wheel and a bow

Thommy H:

Not everyone has everything. Hobgoblins have the bolt throwers because, at the time, bolt throwers were more closely associated with greenskins. It was a way to add some variety.

Willmark:

Look at it this way there is no reason why they couldn’t, rather it’s a case of they don’t because thatvis the way the lit was written at the time.

Kera foehunter:

well since they are in are army we can up date those poor fellows!!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

a bolt thrower is to primitive for us chaos dwarfs

furrie
i agree CD like cannons :)

Ancient History:

Chaos Dwarfs like things that explode. :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

you shure it not a guy thing  to watch things blow up!!!

see this would be a primitive bolthower!!!

btw this is one of my friends

Doogle:

The normal dwarfs have a bolt thrower.

I see no reason why their evil cousins could not come up with something as such, or even better ha.

minty:

ummmm, to distinguish us from dwarves

if we add in dwarf crewed bolt throwers and flying machines, then the dwarves wouldn’t have a leg to stand on realy, and you’ll have identical army syndrome again, just like HE and DE had, we’ll all be the same, which is bad

Kera foehunter:

you think it a bad thing, but great mind think a like !!

but an ox cart bolt thower come on we have deamon power stuff !!

that right !! where"s the dwarfs deamon power stuff!!!

two_heads_talking:

the cd’s could certainly have a bolt thrower… you’d just use the stats for the hobgoblins in a game. shoot, the cd’s could have any slaves manning their bolt throwers… so, if you want to convert, please do so… hell, you coul dhave ogres putting trees into the tree chucker for you.

Doogle:

ummmm, to distinguish us from dwarves

if we add in dwarf crewed bolt throwers and flying machines, then the dwarves wouldn't have a leg to stand on realy, and you'll have identical army syndrome again, just like HE and DE had, we'll all be the same, which is bad

minty
Not really.
I would say an armory full of better weapons (runes), a ton of dispel dice, better units (iron breakers) as their specials, and oh so much more pretty much have them stand apart.

Willmark:

I’d say that we are pretty distinctive from regular stunties as it is.

X-Porter:

We let the Hobs man the Bolt Throwers because it’s easy to teach them how to use them. Also, it limits the damage they can do if they get…enthusiastic. Teaching Greenskins how to use gunpowder is a bad idea.

Cannons and Rockets are best left to more reliable troops. Like us.

Willmark:

Possible. Of course strapping hobgoblins to a keg or two of gunpowder, explosive damonic energy, what-have you is kinda of a amusing thing to do.

wallacer:

I like to think of the Bolt Throwers as being produced by CD, but utilised by the Hobgoblins.

Swissdictator:

Why let the Hobgoblins man them? They’re cheaper points wise and we get more! :wink:

Probably because they’re deployed in larger numbers, and we need the actual Chaos Dward manning the more important machinery. As our numbers are lighter, we’ll use Hobgoblins to fill in on the cheaper/older equipment. Also, our artillerymen can train for the nastier stuff instead of cheap bolt throwers. Plus we don’t have to defend the Bolt-throwers as much as A) They’re easily replaced B) The crews are irrelevant.

Older equipment, if still effective, is not bad… as it might be cheaper in terms up maintenance and supplying.