[Archive] Bombard (upgrades to ES OR HC)

Grimstonefire:

I’ve been doing a fair bit of work to try and have a single Rare slot that can be upgraded to Hellcannon OR Earthshaker, breaking down the various elements that make up each into a series of upgrades.  Also a few new ideas for purchasing individual shells!

I think I might have done it:

http://www.freewebs.com/chaosdwarfsourcebook/Bombard.pdf

Note that using these rules you cannot have the Hellcannon quite as it appears in SoC.

EDIT:

Looking at it I think the Shellshock upgrade should be 40 points?

The Chain Gang bit should read:

The Crew are accompanied by 10 Slaves on 20mm bases. These Slaves are Unbreakable whilst one Chaos Dwarf still operates the warmachine. The Slaves will take all wounds from missile fire allocated to the crew, and will rank up in front of any Chaos Dwarfs in Close Combat. They are treated as part of the crew for fighting and the allocation of wounds, but cannot operate the machine itself. Multiple Chain Gangs may be taken, they will form into a single unit.

Thinking of changing this (earthshaker)

The area the 5�?� template covers becomes a crater, and will count as Difficult Terrain for the remainder of the battle. A suitable terrain piece or marker should be placed on the battlefield.

to this

The area the 5�?� template covers becomes a crater. Any unit moving across it will have -1 Movement. A suitable terrain piece or marker should be placed on the battlefield.